Design and development
The aircraft is made from aluminum tubing. The wing is covered in Dacron sailcloth and has a Mylar leading edge. Its 10.5 m (34.4 ft) span wing is cable braced. The nose angle is 130° and the aspect ratio is 7.6:1. Unlike many hang glider designs, the Astir comes in one size only with a wide hook-in weight range of 60 to 115 kg (132 to 254 lb). The Astir is certified by DHV as a class 2 glider.
- Crew: one
- Wingspan: 10.5 m (34 ft 5 in)
- Wing area: 14.7 m2 (158 sq ft)
- Aspect ratio: 7.6:1
- Empty weight: 29 kg (64 lb)
- Gross weight: 144 kg (317 lb)
- Maximum speed: 80 km/h (50 mph; 43 kn)
- Stall speed: 25 km/h (16 mph; 13 kn)
- Bertrand, Noel; Rene Coulon; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2003-04, page 43. Pagefast Ltd, Lancaster OK, 2003. ISSN 1368-485X
- Bautek (n.d.). "Astir ... eine Nasenlänge voraus (German language)". Archived from the original on 5 March 2011. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- Official website (German language)