Bawa Clan is a Jatt Clan found in West and East Punjab. Bawa's are Jatt Sikhs and are direct descendants of third Sikh Guru Sahib, . Bawa's are influential people and can be seen as 'The Man' in the military, police, trade, banking, technology, or government jobs.
- Bawa Kartar Singh - (1886-1960) - A direct descendant of Guru Amar Das and a scientist of repute.
He was a pioneer in the field of Stereo Chemistry and was awarded Doctor of Science from Dublin University in 1921 and from Cambridge University in 1941.
- Budh Singh Bawa - (1878 - 1931) - Did pioneering work in preserving the old poetry in the Punjabi language.
- Titles include Hans Chog (1913), Khoikoo (1916), Bambiha Bol(1925), Prem Kahani (in Persian Script) and Raja Rasalu
- Gurmeet Bawa - Shiromani Singer of Punjab known for her Punjabi folk songs and long hek that she can hold for about 45 seconds with her voice.
- Ranjit Bawa - Punjabi Singer from Gurdaspur, who is most well known for his album "Mitti Da Bawa" which spawned the hit single "Yaari Chandigarh Waliye".
- Mohit Bawa - Co-President of Collabramind LLC, a leading Cisco Infrastructure and Managed Services company based out of Dallas.
- http://www.unp.me/f16/almost-all-jatt-surnames-17669/, 'Register of almost all Jatt clans listed', Retrieved 16 June 2016
- http://www.britannica.com/topic/Jat, Jat cast on Encyclopaedia Britannica, Retrieved 16 June 2016
- Guru Amardass, Retrieved 16 June 2016
- https://books.google.co.in/books?id=MD9uAAAAMAAJ&hl=en, A History of the Sikhs: 1469-1838 by Khushwant Singh on Google Books, Retrieved 16 June 2016
- http://www.ias.ac.in/jarch/currsci/75/00000748.pdf, Retrieved 16 June 2016
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Geu1JE0CUSs, Gurmeet Bawa folk song 'Mirza' on YouTube, Retrieved 16 June 2016
|This article about an Indian ethnicity or social group is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|