The Northern terminus of the Ohlone Greenway trail at Baxter Creek Gateway Park
|Region||Contra Costa County|
|City||Richmond, El Cerrito|
|- location||Berkeley Hills|
|Mouth||Stege Marsh, San Francisco Bay|
|- location||Richmond, California|
|- elevation||0 ft (0 m)|
Baxter Creek or Stege Creek (also archaically Bishop Creek), is a three-branch creek in Richmond and El Cerrito, California, United States forming the Baxter Creek watershed. The creek has three sources and flows from the Berkeley Hills to Stege Marsh and the San Francisco Bay. The Baxter Creek watershed at-large has 10 sources.
The creek has been largely culverted over the years since the Rancho San Pablo and the subdivided Bishop Ranch, then known as Bishop Creek, were urbanized. Residents missed the creek when it disappeared under the asphalt and formed Friends of Baxter Creek. This group has aided in the restoration of several portions of the creek. Baxter Creek Park, Poinsett Park, and Booker T. Anderson Park are now in a more natural riparian condition, though the Anderson Park portion has been plagued by litter and shopping carts. 
The origins of the name Baxter Creek is unknown, but historians believe it to be from a family which once owned land in the area. Stege is from Richard Stege and Bishop comes from Thomas Bishop, who once owned large tracts of land in the area.
Much of the streamside vegetation that had been restored to Booker T. Anderson Park was chainsawed away and leveled due to concerns that the riparian habitat hid muggings, drug dealings, and public sex from police patrols.
- Creek History, CreativeDifferences.com, retrieved August 15, 2007
- Baxter Creek - Fluvius Innominatus Topo, 1995
- Post-Project Appraisal of Baxter Creek at Booker T. Anderson Park : Shopping Carts - The New Boulders
- Baxter Creek bash Saturday Justin Hill
- FAQ, Friends of Baxter Creek website, retrieved August 15, 2007
- Green Neighbords: The Richmond chainsaw massacre part one. Ron Sullivan. Berkeley Daily Planet. 18-09-2009. Retrieved 28-01-2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Baxter Creek.|
|Baxter Creek and Stege Marsh|
- Friends of Baxter Creek
- Creek History
- UC Davis/Baxter Creek
- Guide to San Francisco Bay Area Creeks -- Baxter Creek
- Baxter Creek at the State of California