Bay City High School
|Bay City High School|
|400 7th Street
Bay City, Texas 77414
|School type||Nonmagnet Regular|
|Motto||Home of the Blackcats|
|School district||Bay City Independent School District|
|Superintendent||Dr. Marshall Scott III|
|Color(s)||Blue and Gold|
|Website||Bay City High School|
The school's most recent campus (a 25 million dollar campus) was opened in 2003, under the leadership of the principal and four assistant principals. In the current campus there is a detached administration building with visitor, student, and drop-off/pick-up parking lots. Campus police recently responded when a student brought a loaded gun to school during February 2010, the student may have been subject to bullying 
BCHS is currently classified as a division 4A high school by the University Interscholastic League.
During the 2013-14 school year, there were 966 students enrolled in BCHS. Demographics at the school were as follows: White 28.3%, African American 17.4%, Hispanic 51.1%, Asian/Pacific Islander 1.2%, American Indian/Alaskan Native <1%, Two or more races 1.2%. 59% were classified as economically disadvantaged.
Bay City High School offers a curriculum in line with Texas state standards. Additional college prep programs include Advanced Placement or dual-credit courses, which are taken via Wharton County Junior College and AVID. Vocational programs available to Bay City students include agricultural science, building trades and construction, cosmetology, pharmaceutical and health science technology, power technology, technology systems/auto mechanics, webmastering/desktop publishing/multimedia, and welding & drafting
The SAT and PSAT might be administered at the school. Many of the students are offered scholarships by Wharton County Junior College (a local campus). "Automatic Admissions" to Texas State public colleges and universities are available at BCHS. These admissions are available to high school seniors that are in the top ten percent of their graduating class, determined by grade point average. The Bay City High School class of 2009 was awarded over one million dollars in scholarships.
It has been said that there is a planned regular food service meal for all schools in the district.
- Regular Lunch is priced at $2.25 
Student groups and activities at Bay City may include but are not limited to:
- Dance Team
- Educators Rising
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Flag Corps
- Key Club
- National Honor Society
- Spanish Club
- Speech and Debate
- Student Council
Past state championship titles include:
The sign of the championship titles which were won by Bay City High School (4A) is on display outside the detached administration for public viewing. Bay City High School's athletic teams, known as the Blackcats (bearing the power-cat logo), compete in:
- Cross Country
Past state championship titles include:
- Boys' basketball: 1985 (4A)
- Football: 1983 (4A), 2000 (4A Division I)
- Boys Track & Field: 1979 (3A), 1984 (4A), 1990 (4A)
Staff and faculty
The school employs over 9000 people.
- Chris Townsend
- Harold Parnell
- Kathy McDaniel
- Amanda Cobb
- Mary Lynn Mosier
- Lupe Florez
- Forrest Bess, painter
- LaBradford Smith, professional basketball player
- Joe DeLoach, Gold Medalist 1988 Summer Olympics
- Hart Lee Dykes, Former NFL player
- Ricardo Ramirez, Bishop of Las Cruces
- "School District Locator : Accessible Version". Deleon.tea.state.tx.us. 2009-02-12. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- Mygrants, Joy (2002-08-01). "Bay City High School starts anew". Matagorda County Advocate.
- "Was Student With Loaded Gun Bullied?". MyFoxHouston.com. 2010-02-11. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- Sliva, Allison (2009-03-30). "AP, dual credit classes help cut college cost". Bay City Tribune.
- "Bay City Independent School District - BCISD Career and Technology Programs". Bcblackcats.net. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- [dead link]
- "Bay City High School - Lunch Menu". Bcblackcats.net. 2010-02-17. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- Menzies, Heather (2010-07-22). "Bay City Tribune". Bay City Tribune. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- "UIL One-Act Play Past Results". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04.
- "UIL Team Debate Past Results". Archived from the original on 2011-07-28.
- "UIL State Boys Basketball Champions".
- "UIL State Football Champions". Archived from the original on 2008-02-12.
- "UIL State Champions". Archived from the original on 2016-03-03.
- "Bay City High School - Contact Directory". Bcblackcats.net. 2010-01-06. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- Cunningham, Ross (2006-12-23). "Bishop of New Mexico diocese celebrates jubilee in Bay City". Victoria Advocate.