Bay Head School District
|Bay Head School District|
145 Grove Street
Bay Head, NJ 08742
|Coordinates||40°04′11″N 74°02′58″W / 40.069764°N 74.049446°WCoordinates: 40°04′11″N 74°02′58″W / 40.069764°N 74.049446°W|
|Superintendent||Dr. John Ravally|
|Business administrator||Pat Christopher|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||129 (as of 2017-18)|
|District Factor Group||I|
The Bay Head School District is a community public school district that serves students in kindergarten through eighth grade from Bay Head, in Ocean County, New Jersey, United States.
As of the 2017–18 school year, the district and its one school had an enrollment of 129 students and 15.2 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 8.5:1. The district has been ranked as one of the smallest in the state.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "I", the second-highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Students in public school for ninth through twelfth grades attend Point Pleasant Beach High School in Point Pleasant Beach, as part of a sending/receiving relationship with the Point Pleasant Beach School District, together with students from Lavallette and Mantoloking. As of the 2017–18 school year, the high school had an enrollment of 364 students and 36.9 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 9.9:1.
Bay Head School was flooded in October 2012 when Superstorm Sandy hit New Jersey. First Response Disaster Restoration Specialists mobilized from Indiana to expedite the restoration process.
Bay Head Elementary School had an enrollment of 129 students in the 2017–18 school year.
- Frank Camardo, Principal
Core members of the district's administration are:
- Dr. Pete Morris, Superintendent
- Pat Christopher, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
The district's board of education has five members who set policy and oversee the fiscal and educational operation of the district through its administration. As a Type II school district, the board's trustees are elected directly by voters to serve three-year terms of office on a staggered basis, with either one or two seats up for election each year held (since 2012) as part of the November general election.
- ^ a b c d District information for Bay Head Borough School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed November 1, 2019.
- ^ Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- ^ Living & Learning in Ocean County - Public Schools Directory 2018-2019, Ocean County, New Jersey. Accessed January 30, 2020.
- ^ Bay Head Board of Education District Policy - Identification, Bay Head School District. Accessed January 30, 2020. "Purpose: The Board of Education exists for the purpose of providing a thorough and efficient system of free public education in grades Pre-Kindergarten through eight in the Bay Head School District. Composition: The Bay Head School District is comprised of all the area within the municipal boundaries of Bay Head."
- ^ Guion, Payton. "These 43 N.J. school districts have fewer than 200 students", NJ Advance Media for NJ.com, September 2017. Accessed January 30, 2020. "Based on data from the state Department of Education from the last school year and the Census Bureau, NJ Advance Media made a list of the smallest of the small school districts in the state, excluding charter schools and specialty institutions.... 18. Bay Head Borough (tie) - Enrollment: 129; Grades: K-8"
- ^ NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 6, 2014.
- ^ Point Pleasant Beach School District 2015 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed June 1, 2016. "The Point Pleasant Beach School District is one of the oldest and finest at the Shore. Our school is rich in history and tradition. In addition to serving the students of Point Pleasant Beach and Mantoloking the district serves the high school age students of Bay Head and Lavallette."
- ^ School data for Point Pleasant Beach High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed November 1, 2019.
- ^ School Data for the Bay Head Elementary School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed November 1, 2019.
- ^ Principal's Office, Bay Head Elementary School. Accessed January 30, 2020.
- ^ Faculty and Staff, Bay Head School District. Accessed January 30, 2020.
- ^ New Jersey School Directory for Ocean County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- ^ New Jersey Boards of Education by District Election Types - 2018 School Election, New Jersey Department of Education, updated February 16, 2018. Accessed January 26, 2020.
- ^ Board of Education, Bay Head School District. Accessed January 30, 2020.