Bay Parkway (Brooklyn)
Bay Parkway is a street that cuts through a major part of the New York City borough of Brooklyn. It starts at Ocean Parkway and continues for 2.7 miles southwesterly to Bath Beach, past Seth Low Playground and Bealin Square toward Bensonhurst Park, Shore Parkway (Exit 5), and Caesar's Bay shopping plaza on Gravesend Bay. It runs through Bensonhurst and is four lanes wide throughout its route. Along Bay Parkway are many Chinese, Russian and Italian-American businesses as well as many residential buildings and co-ops. Bay Parkway was known as 22nd Avenue until the 1930s, when the name was changed to facilitate large-scale apartment-type residential development. The B6 and B82 bus lines serve Bay Parkway throughout most of its stretch.
Bay Parkway has three New York City Subway stops:
- Bay Parkway on the BMT Sea Beach Line (N train)
- Bay Parkway on the IND Culver Line (F train)
- Bay Parkway on the BMT West End Line (D train)
- Seth Low Playground/Bealin Square (New York City Parks Department)
- Bensonhurst Park (New York City Parks Department)
- B6 bus schedule MTA Regional Bus Operations.
- B82 bus schedule MTA Regional Bus Operations.
|This article relating to roads and streets in New York City is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|