Bayburt Province (Turkish: Bayburt ili) is a province in the north-east of Turkey. Population of the province is 74,412 and total area is 3,652 km². The capital city is Bayburt.
Bayburt is traversed by the northeasterly line of equal latitude and longitude.
Bayburt province is divided into 3 districts (capital district in bold):
The most important places in Bayburt Province are:
- Bayburt Tower
- Saruhan Tower
- Aydıntepe underground town
- Mausoleum of Dede Korkut
- Mausoleum of Şehit Osman
- Traditional Bayburt houses
- Ulu Mosque
- Pulur (Gökçedere) Ferahşat Bey Mosque
- Sünür (Çayıryolu) Kutlu Bey Mosque
- Yukarı Hınzeverek (Çatalçeşme) Mosque
- Bedesten (covered bazaar)
- Varzahan Armenian Church
Cities and towns
The climate is described as Humid Continental by the Köppen Climate System, abbreviated as Dfb.
Coordinates: 40°14′12″N 40°13′25″E / 40.23667°N 40.22361°E