Bayswater railway station, Melbourne
|Location||Station Street, Bayswater|
|Distance||30.84 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Fare zone||Myki zone 2|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||4 December 1889|
|Closed||15 October 2016|
|Rebuilt||12 December 2016|
The island platform opened on 19 December 1982, as part of the duplication of the line between Bayswater and Ringwood stations. However, the station building was provided in 1977. It was once the destination for freight trains conveying cement, with the last train running on 24 June 1987, when the traffic was relocated to Lyndhurst station, near Dandenong. Bayswater was upgraded to a Premium station in 2001.
In 1998, a train maintenance centre and stabling facilities opened, as part of the replacement of Jolimont Yard. The buildings are approximately 2,850 m² in size, and permit bogie repair and replacement, under carriage and overhead work.
In November 2015, the Level Crossing Removal Authority announced plans to remove the level crossings on either side of the station, at Mountain Highway and Scoresby Road, via a grade separation. In conjunction with removing the level crossings, a new Bayswater station will be built below ground.
Between October and December 2016, the level crossings at either side of station at Mountain Highway and Scoresby Road were removed. In conjunction the old Bayswater station closed on 15 October, then it was demolished for the new Bayswater station to built below ground. The station reopened to passengers on 12th December 2016.
Platforms & services
Ventura Bus Lines operate eight routes via Bayswater station.
- 664: Chirnside Park Shopping Centre – Westfield Knox
- 745A: to Westfield Knox City
- 745B: to Boronia station
- 745C: to Wantirna Primary School
- 745D: to Wantirna Primary School
- 753: to Glen Waverley station
- 755: to Westfield Knox via The Basin 
- 967: to Glen Waverley station
- Bayswater Vicsig
- VR History by Andrew Waugh
- "Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. October 1977. p. 228.
- "Traffic". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. September 1987. p. 280.
- architectus. "Public Transport Corporation Train Maintenance Facility". www.architectus.com.au. Archived from the original on 19 July 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- "Bayswater next in line to see level crossing removals". Urban Melbourne. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- "Bayswater". levelcrossings.vic.gov.au. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- Belgrave Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 664 Chirnside Park - Knox City timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 745A Knox City - Bayswater timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 745B Bayswater - Boronia Station timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 745C Bayswater - Wantirna Primary School timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 745D Bayswater - Wantirna Primary School timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 753 Glen Waverley - Bayswater timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 755 Bayswater - Knox City timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 967 Glen Waverley - Bayswater timetable Public Transport Victoria