Bayville, New York
|Bayville, New York|
|Incorporated Village of Bayville|
|Nickname(s): Pine Island|
Location in Nassau County and the state of New York.
|Country||United States of America|
|• Total||1.5 sq mi (3.8 km2)|
|• Land||1.4 sq mi (3.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||39 ft (12 m)|
|• Density||4,400/sq mi (1,800/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||0943216|
The Village of Bayville, often referred to as Pine Island, is a village located on Long Island Sound facing Greenwich, Connecticut. The Incorporated Village of Bayville is located within the town of Oyster Bay in Nassau County, New York, United States. The population was 6,669 at the 2010 census. The village was incorporated in 1919 during the incorporated village movement which allowed many larger estate owners on Long Island to establish political and security control over their domains.
Bayville is located at (40.907277, -73.557131).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.5 square miles (3.9 km2), of which 1.4 square miles (3.6 km2) is land and 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2), or 3.42%, is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 7,135 people, 2,566 households, and 1,906 families residing in the village. The population density was 5,065.7 people per square mile (1,953.8/km²). There were 2,683 housing units at an average density of 1,904.9 per square mile (734.7/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 96.01% White, 0.31% African American, 0.24% Native American, 1.64% Asian, 1.08% from other races, and 0.73% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.82% of the population.
There were 2,566 households out of which 33.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 61.1% were married couples living together, 9.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 25.7% were non-families. 20.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.74 and the average family size was 3.20.
In the village the population was spread out with 23.6% under the age of 18, 5.9% from 18 to 24, 29.6% from 25 to 44, 27.5% from 45 to 64, and 13.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females there were 95.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 95.0 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $68,380, and the median income for a family was $77,838. Males had a median income of $50,969 versus $38,304 for females. The per capita income for the village was $33,665. About 2.7% of families and 4.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 3.7% of those under age 18 and 8.3% of those age 65 or over.
- Brad Fiedel, Hollywood film musical composer
- Michael Genovese, brother of Vito Genovese (gangster)
- Jackie Martling, former writer for the Howard Stern Show
- Sal Mineo, actor and filmmaker
- Michael Novak, philosopher and diplomat
- Rick Pitino, coach, University of Louisville basketball team
- Mona von Bismarck, buried there
- Harrison Williams, entrepreneur
- Jimmy Webb, songwriter and composer
- Luke Gotti, bacon jalapeño macaroni and cheese lover
- "Race, Hispanic or Latino, Age, and Housing Occupancy: 2010 Census Redistricting Data (Public Law 94-171) Summary File (QT-PL), Bayville village, New York". U.S. Census Bureau, American FactFinder 2. Retrieved September 30, 2011.
- "Bayville Time Line". Retrieved 2010-02-15.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
||Long Island Sound|