This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016)
|Type||Joint Stock Company|
|Products||Bombs, Glide bombs, Precision-guided munitions, Rocket-propelled grenade launchers, (RPG), Anti-tank weapons|
NPO Bazalt (Russian: НПО «Базальт») is a weapons manufacturing company in Russia that took over (or continued) the production of weapons such as the RPG-7 after the collapse of the Soviet Union. NPO Bazalt manufactures the RPG-7V2 and the RPG-29. AO NPO Bazalt is included in the state corporation Rostec.
Bazalt was founded in 1938. Over the course of its history, the company created 700 models of ammunition for military use.
Bazalt is one of the leading designers and developers of many variants of aircraft bombs, anti-tank and anti-saboteur marine grenade launcher complexes, mortar shells of many variants, and calibers and other kinds of ammunition. The company's most famous product is the RPG-7, developed in the 1960s and used by the armies of over 40 countries, with over one million having been built by the company or on license by 2004.
Ammunition developed by Bazalt is used by the armed forces of over 80 countries in the world. Licenses for production of 61 kinds of ammunition were transferred to 11 countries in the world.
- PBK-500U Drel: Glide cluster bomb.
United States sanctions
Under EO 13661, the Obama administration on July 16, 2014, imposed sanctions on NPO Bazalt through the US Department of Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) by adding NPO Bazalt and other entities to the Specially Designated Nationals List (SDN) in retaliation for the ongoing Ukrainian crisis, annexation of the Crimean Peninsula by the Kremlin, and the Russian interference in Ukraine.
- Magazines, Hearst (2004). Popular Mechanics. Hearst Magazines. p. 64.
- "Enterprise's history". Bazalt.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-09-07. Retrieved 2017-09-06.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Ukraine-related Sanctions; Publication of Executive Order 13662 Sectoral Sanctions Identifications List". treasury.gov. 16 July 2014.
- "Announcement of Treasury Sanctions on Entities Within the Financial Services and Energy Sectors of Russia, Against Arms or Related Materiel Entities, and those Undermining Ukraine's Sovereignty". treasury.gov. 16 July 2014.
- http://www.bazalt.ru/ Company website
- http://www.bazalt.ru/en/ Company website English page
- http://www.norinco.com/ Norinco, Chinese weapon manufacturer of similar weapons such as the Type 69 RPG
- https://web.archive.org/web/20170908021309/http://www.defense-update.com/products/r/rpg-29.htm About the Bazalt RPG-29V