Bazlur Rahman Badal
|Bazlur Rahman Badal|
Badal at Rajshahi College (2017)
|Native name||বজলুর রহমান বাদল|
Jalpaiguri district, Bengal Presidency, British India
19 August 2018 (aged 95–96)|
|Awards||Independence Day Award (2017)|
Bazlur Rahman Badal (1921/1922 – 19 August 2018) was a Bangladeshi dancer. He was awarded Shilpakala Padak in 2014 and Independence Day Award in 2017 in the dance category by the Government of Bangladesh.
After the partition of India in 1947, Badal migrated to Rangpur and eventually to Rajshahi where he began his dance training under the guidance of his first teacher, known as Dukhu Master. He provided dance lessons to the students in Rajshahi's Shilpakala Academy.
Badal specializes in folk dance. He became notable for his dance composition of the poem Bidrohi of Kazi Nazrul Islam. He served as the president of Bangladesh Nritya Shilpi Sangstha (Rajshahi).
- "Bazlur Rahman Badal passes away". The Daily Star. 2018-08-20. Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- "Shilpakala Padak 2014 conferred". The Daily Star. February 21, 2015. Retrieved February 25, 2017.
- "Independence Award 2017 announced". The Daily Star. February 17, 2017. Retrieved February 25, 2017.
- Novera Deepita (March 4, 2004). "Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy honours seven performers". The Daily Star. Retrieved February 25, 2017.
- "National Dance Festival kicks off today at Shilpakala Academy". The Daily Star. April 23, 2012. Retrieved February 25, 2017.
|This Bangladeshi biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|