Be My Last
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|"Be My Last"|
|Single by Hikaru Utada|
|from the album Ultra Blue|
|Released||September 28, 2005|
|Format||CD, paid download|
|Genre||J-pop, pop rock|
|Producer(s)||Akira Miyake, Hikaru Utada and Teruzane Utada|
|Hikaru Utada singles chronology|
"Be My Last" is Hikaru Utada's 14th Japanese single, released on September 28, 2005. It was used for the 2005 film Spring Snow, an adaptation of the 1966 Yukio Mishima novel of the same name.
Utada had five TV performances a month after it had been released, due to her promotional work in Europe for the last Exodus album single, "You Make Me Want to Be a Man", which delayed her performances. The timing of these lives has also fit in with the release of Spring Snow. Also planned with these live performances is an internet streaming of "Be My Last" available from Utada's Toshiba-EMI website. The streaming includes a performance as well as Utada answering a few questions from fans. It was available from the 11th until the 20th of November. On the television program performance at Music Station, Utada was accompanied with a cello as background music for "Be My Last" instead of the CD version which she had used for the other performances. Aya Matsuura had also covered "Be My Last" on 30 October 2005.
"Be My Last" reached #1 on the first day of its release on the Oricon chart, and stayed the number one single of the week post that day. To date, "Be My Last" has sold at least 150,000 physical copies. In 2005, this single sold 143,916 units, making it the #70 single of 2005.
All tracks written by Hikaru Utada.
|1.||"Be My Last"||4:30|
|1.||"Be My Last (Music Video)"||4:30|
|Oricon weekly singles||1|
|Oricon yearly singles||70|
Certifications and sales
|Oricon physical sales||151,000|
|RIAJ physical shipping certification||500,000+|
|RIAJ full-length cellphone downloads||500,000+|
|RIAJ PC downloads||100,000+|
Chart procession and succession
"Planetarium" by Ai Otsuka
|Oricon Weekly number-one single
October 10, 2005
"Countdown" by Hyde
- "『宇多田ヒカルのうた』全貌明らかに。井上陽水、椎名林檎、浜崎あゆみ、吉井和哉ら参加アーティストコメント" [All details revealed for Utada Hikar no Uta, comments from contributing artists such as Yosui Inoue, Ringo Sheena, Ayumi Hamasaki and Kazuya Yoshii.] (in Japanese). Barks. December 3, 2014. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- "Ｂｅ Ｍｙ Ｌａｓｔ - 宇多田ヒカル／ オリコンランキング情報サービス「you大樹」" (in Japanese). Oricon. Retrieved 2010-09-18.
- シングル 年間ランキング (in Japanese). Oricon. December 2005. Archived from the original on January 6, 2006. Retrieved September 19, 2010.
- "オリコンランキング情報サービス「you大樹」". Oricon. Retrieved 2010-09-19. (subscription only)
- ゴールド等認定作品一覧 2005年9月. RIAJ (in Japanese). 2005-10-10. Retrieved 2010-09-18.
- レコード協会調べ 8月度有料音楽配信認定 ＜略称：8月度認定＞. RIAJ (in Japanese). 2006-09-20. Retrieved 2010-09-18.
- レコード協会調べ 6月度有料音楽配信認定 ＜略称：6月度認定＞. RIAJ (in Japanese). 2007-07-20. Retrieved 2010-09-18.