Be the Man
|"Be the Man"|
|Single by Celine Dion|
|from the album Let's Talk About Love and EVE|
|Released||13 November 1997|
|Format||Mini CD single|
|Recorded||1997 Wallyworld, Record Plant Studios, The Hit Factory, Chartmarker Studios, Paramount Studios, Masterphonics|
|Writer(s)||David Foster, Junior Miles|
|Celine Dion singles chronology|
"Be the Man" was written specially for the Japanese TV drama entitled Eve - Santaclaus Dreaming and included on the EVE original soundtrack, released also on 13 November 1997 in Japan. There were two versions of this song recorded: English and Japanese.
No music video was made.
"Be the Man" reached number 24 on the Oricon Singles Chart and was certified platinum (100,000).
The song became also a B-side to "The Reason" single, released at the same time in parts of Europe.
"Be the Man" was not available on editions of Let's Talk About Love released in the Americas.
The English version of this song was included later on the Japanese edition of Dion's 1999 greatest hits All the Way… A Decade of Song and the 2008 Japan only released Complete Best. The Japanese version of "Be the Man" became available worldwide on The Collector's Series, Volume One in 2000.
Formats and track listings
Japanese 3" CD maxi single
- "Be the Man" (album version) – 4:39
- "Be the Man" (Japanese version) – 4:39
- "Be the Man" (karaoke version) – 4:39
Japanese 3" CD 1-track promo single
- "Be the Man" (demo vocal version) – 4:42
|Japan (Oricon Singles Chart)||24|
Certifications and sales
^shipments figures based on certification alone
- Glatzer, Jenna (2005). Céline Dion: For Keeps. Andrews McMeel Publishing. ISBN 0-7407-5559-5.
- セリーヌ・ディオンのシングル売り上げランキング (in Japanese). Oricon. Archived from the original on 25 October 2014. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "Be the Man 97.11.13 (SME)" (PDF) (in Japanese). RIAJ. Retrieved 28 September 2014.