Be the Man
|"Be the Man"|
|Single by Celine Dion|
|from the album Let's Talk About Love and EVE|
|Released||13 November 1997|
|Format||Mini CD single|
|Recorded||1997 Wallyworld, Record Plant Studios, The Hit Factory, Chartmarker Studios, Paramount Studios, Masterphonics|
|Celine Dion singles chronology|
"Be the Man"(also titled "Be the Man (On This Night)") is a song by Canadian singer Celine Dion, recorded for her fifth English-language studio album, Let's Talk About Love (1997). It was written by Junior Miles and its producer David Foster, and released as the second single from the album in Japan on 13 November 1997. "Be the Man" also served as the theme song to the Japanese television drama, Eve - Santa Claus Dreaming and was included on its soundtrack in 1997. The song was recorded in two versions, English and Japanese.
Background and release
No music video was made.
"Be the Man" reached number 24 on the Oricon Singles Chart and was certified platinum (100,000).
The song became also a B-side to "The Reason" single, released at the same time in parts of Europe.
"Be the Man" was not available on editions of Let's Talk About Love released in the Americas.
The English version of this song was included later on the Japanese edition of Dion's 1999 greatest hits All the Way… A Decade of Song and the 2008 Japan only released Complete Best. The Japanese version of "Be the Man" became available worldwide on The Collector's Series, Volume One in 2000.
Formats and track listings
Japanese 3" CD maxi single
- "Be the Man" (album version) – 4:39
- "Be the Man" (Japanese version) – 4:39
- "Be the Man" (karaoke version) – 4:39
Japanese CD 1-track promo single
- "Be the Man" (demo vocal version) – 4:42
|Japan (Oricon Singles Chart)||24|
Certifications and sales
^shipments figures based on certification alone
- Glatzer, Jenna (2005). Céline Dion: For Keeps. Andrews McMeel Publishing. ISBN 0-7407-5559-5.
- セリーヌ・ディオンのシングル売り上げランキング (in Japanese). Oricon. Archived from the original on 25 October 2014. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "Be the Man 97.11.13 (SME)" (PDF) (in Japanese). Recording Industry Association of Japan. Retrieved 28 September 2014.