Beach Park (water park)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Beach Park is a Brazilian water park and tourist resort, situated on the beach of Porto das Dunas in the municipality of Aquiraz, in the Metropolitan region of Fortaleza. Spread out across an area totaling 170,000 m² (approximately 1.8 million ft²); the aquatic park area is 35,000 m² ( 376,700 ft²). It is one of the leading tourist attractions in the country, and the largest water park in Latin America. In 2012 Beach Park had 843,000 visitors in the water park and 1,408,000 in all of Beach Park (water park, resorts and beach restaurant).
The Beach Park complex is composed of the Beach, Aquatic Park and Resort, welcomes nearly one million visitors annually.
Beach Park is affiliated with several national and international water park, theme park, tourism and entertainment associations. It is a member of the World Waterpark Association (WWA), the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA), the Brazilian Association of Restaurants and Entertainment Companies (ABRASEL), the Brazilian Association of the Hospitality Industry (ABIH) and the Aquiraz Convention & Visitors Bureau (ACVB).
Beach Park was one of the filming locations for the film O Noviço Rebelde (Brazilian adaptation of The Sound of Music).
- Beach Park Suites Resort, located directly in the Beach Park Complex, offers 182 seaside apartments.
- Oceani Beach Park Resort, located alongside the beach of Porto das Dunas, has 131 rooms, can host events for up to 300 people, and a restaurant overlooking the ocean. This is all just 500 meters away from Beach Park, with daily transport available to the water park.
- Beach Park Acqua Resort offers tennis and multi-purpose sports courts, a fitness center, kid’s club, restaurant, pool bar and infinity pool. In addition, flowing through the entire complex is the Acqualink, an artificial river that transports guests from the comfort of the resort to the entertainment of the water park.
- Beach Park Wellness Resort is Beach Park’s newest resort and features a multi-purpose sports court, outdoor playground, three swimming pools, whirlpool, outdoor exercise area, spa, massage rooms, steam and dry saunas, pool bar, hammock area, Zen tent, playroom, Stella Artois themed lobby bar, games room, fitness center, baby & kids and recreation team. The 90 room resort is specifically designed for families.
Beach Park Praia Restaurant offers traditional Northeast Brazilian cuisine, specializing in seafood. In an open- air ocean-front setting.
The fast, casual Wave Bar offers beverages, snacks, and hotdogs.
Inside the water park, Beach Kebabe offers beer, a variety of skewered meats and cheese, cassava dumplings, and other snacks.
Inside the water park, Beach Burger offers a variety of hamburgers, soft drinks, and beer.
Sarcoffee offers ice cream, popsicles, biscuits, chocolates, savory snacks, cheese bread, juices, beer, and cigarettes.
The Beach Grill inside the park and offers a variety of seafood dishes.
Acqua Circo (Water Circus) offers a variety of cannons, jets, showers, fountains, slides, tunnel, fixed peddle boats and seesaws. A shallow central pool, covered by two stylized tarpaulins, represents a circus big top and also provides protection from the sun. The Acqua Show features is a giant bucket, dropping 1,800 liters of water at a time. With its combined synchronized jets, 8 water slides and 14 cannons, split into six platforms in an area for up to 300 people of all ages.
Dedicated exclusively to kids, Arca de Noé (Noah's Ark) comprises ten water attractions including three ramps, two mushroom showers, a large shower and a number of spraying nozzles.
Additional Family Attractions include:
- Correnteza Encantada (Enchanted Current)
- Ilha de Tesouro (Treasure Island)
Constructed in 1989, the Insano previously held the Guinness Book of World Records record for "World’s Tallest Water Slide" at 135-feet tall, until the construction of the Kilimanjaro at Aldeia das Águas Park Resort (formerly Águas Quentes Country Club) in Barra do Piraí, Rio de Janeiro, at 193 feet tall.
Arrepius, the latest addition to the Beach Park complex, is a collection of ProSlide water slides that features the first and only Skybox in Brazil with five different descents that occupy an area of approximately 7,000 m² (5347.37 ft²). The Skybox; a transparent capsule situated 25 meters above the park, whose descent begins when the floor of the capsule drops open with the press of a button.
- Kids Club- children age 7-13 can participate in sports and leisure activities; all monitored by "Beach Friends" and designed to be both interactive and educational, ensuring a safe, and enriching experience.
- Beach Baby- On site babysitting services provided by Beach Park to give parents some time to enjoy adult activities.
- Spa- Beach Park offers two spas.
- Sports Court
- Tennis Courts
- Fitness Center
- Surf Lessons
- Games Room
- Internet Café
- Convenience Store
- Laundry Facilities
- Wet Bar
- "Best E-mail Campaign" - (WWA)
- " Best TV Commercial" - (WWA)
- "Best Print Media"- (WWA)
- "Best YouTube Campaign" - (WWA)
- "Best Radio Commercial"- (WWA)
- "Best Print Media"- (WWA)
Additional honors include:
- Quality WWA- (WWA)
- Industry Leadership WWA- (WWA)
- Best Park in the Country- (O Estado Newspaper)
- Best Theme Park- (Viagem e Turismo Magazine)
- "Arrepius - Beach Park launches colourful ProSlide complex". Park World Magazine: 8. October 2013.
Media related to Beach Park at Wikimedia Commons