|Industry||Video game industry|
|Founded||July 2010Edmonton, Alberta, Canadain|
Beamdog is a Canadian video game developer, publisher, and distributor founded by BioWare co-founder Trent Oster and BioWare lead programmer Cameron Tofer. Beamdog's distribution service was launched in July 2010.
Overhaul Games is a division of Beamdog. Originally, Overhaul Games was a part of Beamdog, but following the release of MDK2 Wii, a discrete studio was founded to work on MDK2 HD. The name Overhaul Games was chosen to reflect the company's work on MDK2 HD as they had overhauled the game into a next generation game. Since 2012 the team has released several enhanced editions of Infinity Engine games starting with Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in 2012, an overhaul of Baldur's Gate. and followed by Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition in 2013 and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition in 2014.
Beamdog mainly publishes games to its website. Its developing division Overhaul Games has developed games for Beamdog, while the actual Beamdog team has developed a game itself.
- MDK2 Wii (2011) – Developed by Beamdog, published by Interplay
- MDK2 HD (2012) – Developed by Overhaul Games, published by Interplay
- Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (2012) – Developed by Overhaul Games, published by Beamdog
- Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition (2013) – Developed by Overhaul Games, published by Beamdog
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition (2014) – Developed by Overhaul Games, published by Beamdog
- Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear (2016) – Developed and published by Beamdog
- Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition (2017) - Developed by Overhaul Games, published by Beamdog
- Callaham, John (2010-06-29), "Interview: BioWare co-founder talks about launching Beamdog and MDK2 HD", Big Download, America Online, retrieved 2012-03-24
- Williams, Rob (2011-10-13), "A Look at Beamdog's PC Game Digital Distribution Service", Techgage, retrieved 2012-03-24
- (Press release) (2010-03-24), "BioWare Veterans launch Beamdog, a new PC digital distribution service", Beamdog, archived from the original on 2012-03-22, retrieved 2012-03-16
- Dutton, Fred (2012-03-19), "Baldur's Gate 3 is "our long-term goal", says Beamdog", Eurogamer, retrieved 2012-03-24
- Keefer, John (2012-03-19), "Baldur's Gate 3 is a 'long-term goal' of Beamdog", Shacknews, retrieved 2012-03-24
|This video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|