Bear Claw Casino & Hotel
|Bear Claw Casino & Hotel|
|Location||White Bear First Nations
near Carlyle, Saskatchewan, Canada
|Total gaming space||2,800 m² (30,000 square foot)|
|Notable restaurants||Growlers Restaurant and Lounge|
|Owner||Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority|
Bear Claw Casino & Hotel is a small casino located on the White Bear First Nations near Moose Mountain Provincial Park and Carlyle, Saskatchewan, Canada. The 2,800 m2 (30,000 sq ft) facility includes a casino (with 132 slot machines and 4 table games), lounge and restaurant, a 35 room hotel, and stalls for campers.
The Casino was the first casino in Saskatchewan operated by a native group to open in the province in 1993; at that time, it was caught up in a legal battle between the local first nations group and the province over jurisdiction. Originally, the casino opened in 1993 in the club house of the White Bear Golf Course. It moved into its current location in 1996.
In 2010, the 35-room hotel was fully renovated when taken over by the Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority and joined to the Casino facility. After reopening in June 2010, this became the first hotel operated by the Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority.
- About page
- "Bear Claw Casino". Tourism Saskatchewan. Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- "BEAR CLAW CASINO" (PDF). Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-01-11. Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- "Bear Claw Casino To Open February 26 (FEBRUARY 1993 v22 n02 p01)". SASKATCHEWAN INDIAN. Archived from the original on 2011-07-06. Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- "WHITE BEAR FIRST NATION - Encyclopedia of Saskatchewan". University of Regina. Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- "Renovation at the Bear Claw Casino’s hotel is almost complete JUNE 18, 2010". Estevan Lifestyles. Archived from the original on 2011-05-08. Retrieved 2011-03-04.