Bear Grove Township, Fayette County, Illinois
|Bear Grove Township|
Location in Fayette County
Fayette County's location in Illinois
|• Total||37.41 sq mi (96.9 km2)|
|• Land||37.35 sq mi (96.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.06 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.16%|
|Elevation||525 ft (160 m)|
|• Density||16/sq mi (6/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62262, 62471|
|GNIS feature ID||0428645|
Bear Grove Township is one of twenty townships in Fayette County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 599 and it contained 259 housing units. The township was originally known as Johnson Township.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 37.41 square miles (96.9 km2), of which 37.35 square miles (96.7 km2) (or 99.84%) is land and 0.06 square miles (0.16 km2) (or 0.16%) is water.
The township contains these five cemeteries: Bethlehem, Eakle, Evans, McInturff and Wright and Neathery.
Airports and landing strips
- Lutz Airport
- Vandalia Municipal Airport
- Vandalia Lake
- Mulberry Grove Community Unit School District 1
- Vandalia Community Unit School District 203
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 102
- State Senate District 51
- "Bear Grove Township, Fayette County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Shafter Township||Sharon Township|
|Mulberry Grove Township, Bond County||Vandalia Township|
|Pleasant Mound Township, Bond County||Seminary Township|