Bear River State Park
|Bear River State Park|
|Wyoming State Park|
Visitor center exhibits
|Elevation||6,799 ft (2,072 m) |
|Area||324 acres (131 ha) |
|Management||Wyoming Division of State Parks and Historic Sites|
|Visitation||199,850 (2009) |
|Website: Bear River State Park|
Bear River State Park is a 324-acre (131 ha) public recreation area straddling the Bear River on the east side of the city of Evanston, Wyoming. The state park was established in 1991 and is managed by Wyoming Division of State Parks and Historic Sites.
Activities and amenities
The park offers picnicking and a visitors center. Wildlife viewing includes a small herd of captive bison and elk. The park is at the eastern terminus of the Bear River Greenway, a trail system developed by the city that connects the park with downtown Evanston. Other hiking opportunities include 1.2 miles (1.9 km) of paved trail, an arched footbridge that crosses the river, and 1.7 miles (2.7 km) of packed gravel trails. Trails are used for cross-country skiing in winter. Park events include the annual Bear River Rendezvous held the weekend before Labor Day.
- "Bear River State Park". Wyoming Places. Wyoming State Library. Retrieved November 16, 2015.
- "SOAR 2021 Wyoming State Parks, Historic Sites & Trails Strategic Plan" (PDF). Wyoming Department of State Parks and Cultural Resources. p. 12. Retrieved March 15, 2017.
- "Table 1. Wyoming State Park Visits and Segment Shares" (PDF). Contributions of Wyoming State Parks and Historic Sites to State and Local Economies, 2009. Wyoming State Parks. November 2010. p. 5. Retrieved June 13, 2016.
- "Bear River State Park". Wyoming State Parks, Historic Sites & Trails. State of Wyoming. Retrieved December 4, 2015.
- "Bear River Greenway Brochure" (PDF). The B.E.A.R. Project, Inc. Retrieved June 13, 2016.
- "Bear River State Park Brochure" (PDF). Wyoming Department of State Parks and Cultural Resources. Retrieved November 16, 2015.
- Bear River State Park Wyoming State Parks, Historic Sites & Trails
- Bear River State Park Brochure & Map Wyoming State Parks, Historic Sites & Trails
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to
Bear River State Park.