Beards Fork, West Virginia
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Beards Fork, West Virginia|
|Census-designated place (CDP)|
|• Total||1.684 sq mi (4.36 km2)|
|• Land||1.682 sq mi (4.36 km2)|
|• Water||0.002 sq mi (0.005 km2)|
|Elevation||1,253 ft (382 m)|
|• Density||120/sq mi (46/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1553820|
Beards Fork is located at  Its elevation is 1,253 feet (382 m).(38.063720, -81.227329).
The community takes its name from nearby Beards Fork creek.
Beards Fork is served by WV 61 via Beards Fork Road, a paved one-lane road maintained by the state; a creek runs parallel to the road throughout most of the inhabited portion of the valley (known locally as the 'hollow' or 'holler').
The only entity of any kind to have offices in Beards Fork is the Southern Appalachian Labor School's Community Center, a non-profit organization that primarily provides housing services and children's programs to area residents.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Beards Fork, West Virginia. Retrieved on 2008-08-10.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- Beards Fork WV Archived June 15, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.. Zip Code Lookup. Retrieved on 2008-08-10.
- Kenny, Hamill (1945). West Virginia Place Names: Their Origin and Meaning, Including the Nomenclature of the Streams and Mountains. Piedmont, WV: The Place Name Press. p. 99.
- Southern Appalachian Labor School - http://www.sals.info