Bearfort Mountain (left), Bellvale Mountain (right)
|Elevation||1,479 ft (451 m)|
|Age of rock||Devonian|
|Type of rock||Skunnemunk Conglomerate|
Bearfort Mountain is a mountain ridge located near Wawayanda State Park in Passaic County, New Jersey. It is a continuation of Bellvale Mountain in New York. The Appalachian Trail crosses along the ridge into New York. Puddingstone of the Skunnemunk Conglomerate is visible along the ridge.
- "Beafort Mountain, New Jersey". Peakbagger.com.
- "State Line Trail/Ernest Walter Trail/A.T. Loop from Greenwood Lake Marina". New York–New Jersey Trail Conference.
- "Bearfort Mountain". U.S. Geological Survey.
- National Historic Lookout Register, Bearfort Fire Tower US 244, NJ 6 Archived 2015-09-30 at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- New Jersey Forest Fire Service, "Wildfire Suppression: Division A Fire Towers". Retrieved 24 April 2015.
|This Passaic County, New Jersey state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|