Bearfort Mountain (left), Bellvale Mountain (right)
|Elevation||1,479 ft (451 m)|
|Age of rock||Devonian|
|Type of rock||Skunnemunk Conglomerate|
Bearfort Mountain, historically known as Bear Ford Mountain, is a mountain ridge located near Wawayanda State Park in West Milford, Passaic County, New Jersey. It is a continuation of Bellvale Mountain in New York. The Appalachian Trail crosses along the ridge into New York. Puddingstone of the Skunnemunk Conglomerate is visible along the ridge.
Bareford Mountains, West Milford, New Jersey by Jasper Francis Cropsey, 1850
- "Bearfort Mountain". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Bearfort Mountain, New Jersey". Peakbagger.com.
- "State Line Trail/Ernest Walter Trail/A.T. Loop from Greenwood Lake Marina". New York–New Jersey Trail Conference.
- "Bearfort Mountain". U.S. Geological Survey.
- National Historic Lookout Register, Bearfort Fire Tower US 244, NJ 6 Archived 2015-09-30 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- New Jersey Forest Fire Service, "Wildfire Suppression: Division A Fire Towers". Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- "Bareford Mountains, West Milford, New Jersey". Brooklyn Museum.
|This Passaic County, New Jersey state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|