Beasdale railway station
|Scottish Gaelic: Biasdail|
|Managed by||Abellio ScotRail|
|Number of platforms||1|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Original company||Mallaig Extension Railway of West Highland Railway|
|Pre-grouping||North British Railway|
|1 April 1901||Station opened|
|6 September 1965||became public station|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Beasdale from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
It was originally a private station for the nearby Arisaig House but was open to the public from 6 September 1965. It is currently a request stop.
By the later part of the century its main users were local school children who went to school at Lochaber High just outside Fort William.
The derelict station house was sold in the 1980s and is now a private holiday home but the station platform is still railway property with a bus shelter type shelter providing rudimentary cover from the rain.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
West Highland Line
Line and Station open
|North British Railway
Mallaig Extension Railway of West Highland Railway
Line and Station open
There are four trains per day to Mallaig on Monday to Saturday, and three trains on Sunday in summer but just one in the winter months.
In the opposite direction, there are three through trains per day to Glasgow Queen Street (via Fort William) and one train per day to Fort William with a connecting train to Glasgow, Edinburgh and London Euston. On Sunday there are two Glasgow trains and one to Fort William in summer, but just one Glasgow train in the winter.
- Butt (1995)
- Table 227 National Rail timetable, May 2016
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-086-0. OCLC 22311137.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 978-0-906899-99-1. OCLC 228266687.
- RAILSCOT on Mallaig Extension Railway
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Beasdale railway station.|
|This Scotland railway station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|