Beasley Broadcast Group
|Traded as||NASDAQ: BBGI|
|Industry||Advertising; Radio broadcasting|
|Founded||Benson, North Carolina (1961)|
|Headquarters||Naples, Florida, United States|
|US $25.9 million (2006) |
|US $10.1 million (2006); $5.3 million (2009) |
Number of employees
|748; 417 (2009) |
|Website||BBGI Corporate Website|
The company was founded in 1961 by George G. Beasley. On February 11, 2000 the Group completed its IPO.
On October 2, 2014, CBS Radio announced that it would trade 14 radio stations located in Tampa, Florida, Charlotte, North Carolina and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to the Beasley Broadcast Group in exchange for 5 stations located in Miami and Philadelphia. The swap was completed on December 1, 2014.
On July 19, 2016, Beasley announced that it would acquire Greater Media for $240 million. The FCC approved the sale on October 6, and the sale closed on November 1. The deal gave Beasley additional stations in the Philadelphia and Boston markets and expanded the company into Detroit and three New Jersey markets.
Stations by state
- Delaware: WJBR-FM
- Florida: WHFS, WHSR, WJBX, WJPT, WLLD, WPBB, WQYK-FM, WRBQ-FM, WRXK-FM, WSBR, WWCN, WWNN, WXKB, WYUU.
- Georgia: WAEC, WCHZ-FM, WDRR, WGAC, WGAC-FM, WGUS-FM, WHHD, WKXC-FM, WRDW, WWWE.
- Massachusetts: WBOS, WBQT, WKLB-FM, WMJX, WRCA, WROR-FM.
- Michigan: WCSX, WMGC-FM, WRIF.
- New Jersey: WCTC, WDHA-FM, WJRZ-FM, WMGQ, WMTR, WRAT, WTMR.
- Nevada: KCYE, KDWN, KKLZ, KOAS, KVGS.
- North Carolina: WAZZ, WBAV-FM, WBCN, WFLB, WIKS, WKML, WKQC, WMGV, WNCT, WNCT-FM, WNKS, WPEG, WSFL-FM, WSOC-FM, WUKS, WXNR, WZFX
- Pennsylvania: WBEN-FM, WMGK, WMMR, WPEN, WTEL, WWDB.
- "Fiscal Year 2006 Consolidated Net Revenue". Retrieved 2007-03-26.
- BBGI At a Glance Forbes magazine website. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- "Company Profile for Beasley Broadcast Group Inc (BBGI)". Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- "About". Retrieved 2015-01-02.
- CBS And Beasley Swap Philadelphia/Miami For Charlotte/Tampa from Radio Insight (October 2, 2014)
- Venta, Lance (December 1, 2014). "CBS Beasley Deal Closes". RadioInsight. Retrieved December 1, 2014.
- Beasley Closes on Greater Media Purchase; Makes Multiple Staff Moves
- "Beasley Purchasing Greater Media For $240 Million". July 19, 2016. Retrieved July 19, 2016.
|This article related to United States broadcasting is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|