Beatles for Sale (EP)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Beatles for Sale|
|Released||6 April 1965|
|Recorded||1964, EMI Studios, London|
|The Beatles EP chronology|
Beatles for Sale is an EP released 6 April 1965 by the Beatles. It is the group's eighth official EP and contains four tracks from the parent LP of the same name. The EP is only available in mono. Its catalogue number is Parlophone GEP 8931. It was also released in Australia and India.
Beatles for Sale' entered the EP chart[where?] on 10 April and reached the top spot on 24 April. It remained there for five weeks, and spent another week at number one from 12 June.
As with previous releases, it features sleeve notes by the group's publicist, Tony Barrow. The parent LP (also called Beatles for Sale) was issued in December 1964. In the weeks before Christmas copies passed over the disc-store counters at such a remarkable rate that Beatles for Sale became one of the world's fastest-selling albums.
- Side A
- Side B
- John Lennon – vocals, guitars, harmonica on 'I'm a Loser'
- Paul McCartney – bass guitar, vocals
- George Harrison – guitars
- Ringo Starr – drums, percussion
- "Beatles for Sale [EP] - The Beatles - Songs, Reviews, Credits - AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 24 August 2018.
- "Beatles, The – Beatles For Sale at Discogs". Discogs. Retrieved 28 September 2011.