Beatrice II, Countess of Burgundy
|Spouse(s)||Otto I, Duke of Merania|
|Father||Otto I, Count of Burgundy|
|Mother||Margaret, Countess of Blois|
|Died||7 May 1231|
Beatrice II, Countess of Burgundy (Béatrice II de Bourgogne; 1193 – 7 May 1231) was Duchess consort of Merania. She was a member of the Swabian Hohenstaufen dynasty, the daughter of Count Otto I of Burgundy and Margaret of Blois, thereby a granddaughter of Emperor Frederick Barbarossa.
She was born in 1193, younger sister of Countess Joanna I of Burgundy. From the time of her father's assassination at Besançon in 1200, she was next-in-line to the County, eventually succeeding Joanna after her death in 1205. Her uncle Philip of Swabia, German king since 1198, had ensured her Burgundian heritage.
In 1208 she married Duke Otto I, Duke of Merania, by whom she had 6 children:
- Otto III, Count of Burgundy
- Agnes of Merania (1215-1263)
- Beatrix of Andechs-Merania
- Adelaide, Countess of Burgundy
Beatrice II, Countess of BurgundyBorn: 1193 Died: 7 May 1231
|Countess of Burgundy
- Women in power
- Jiri Louda, Michael MacLagan, Les Dynasties d'Europe, Bordas, 1995. ISBN 2-04-027115-5.
- Family of Margaret of Blois
- VANÍČEK, Vratislav. Velké dějiny zemí Koruny české II. 1197-1250. Praha: Paseka, 2000. ISBN 80-7185-273-2. S. 341.
- C. Chl. Freiherr von Reitzensten: Regesten der Grafen von Orlamuende aus Babenberger und Ascanischem Stamm, Historical Society of Upper Franconia ("Upper Franconian Historical Society"), Bayreuth, 1871