|Village of Beatty|
|Rural Municipality||Flett's Springs|
|Post office Founded||1908|
|• Governing body||Beatty Village Council|
|• Total||0.82 km2 (0.32 sq mi)|
|Postal code||S0J 0C0|
Beatty (2006 population 61) is a village within the Rural Municipality of Flett's Springs No. 429, Saskatchewan, Canada. The village is located approximately 13 km (8 mi) northwest of the city of Melfort. It is at the junction of Highway 3 and Highway 368. In 1925, Beatty was a Canadian National Railways C.N.R. Rail Station on the Swan River - Prince Albert branch line. The area surrounding Beatty is predominantly farmland, the main employer is agriculture.
A community center was built in 1978 through local fundraising. This is still open and serves as a venue for weddings and community events.
|Canada census – Beatty, Saskatchewan community profile|
|Population:||61 (-22.8% from 2001)|
|Land area:||0.82 km2 (0.32 sq mi)|
|Population density:||74.6/km2 (193/sq mi)|
|Median age:||38.8 (M: 41.0, F: 36.5)|
|Total private dwellings:||24|
|Median household income:||$Not available|
|References: 2006 earlier|
Like most small communities in Saskatchewan, sports centered around hockey. In 1948 the Beatty Memorial Rink was built by a group of local volunteers. After many years, this rink was condemned to be destroyed because of its structural integrity. The town rallied again and built a new rink. This rink served the town until 1993.
In 1985 the Beatty Barons Senior Men's hockey team won the provincial championships. The town of Beatty fielded pre-novice and novice hockey teams until 1993. The rink was also used for community skating and hosting hockey tournaments.
The early one room school house in town was Beatty School District #1766. This also hosted a second one-room school house for the higher grades including grade 12. This school was open from 1933-1967.
- Lat (DMS) 52° 54' 2" N
- Long (DMS) 104° 48' 17" W
- Dominion Land Survey Sec. 23 Tsp 45 Rge 20 W2
(in alphabetical order)
Donaro Farms, GP Fiberglass, Hillbilly Farms, Jellicoe Plumbing, McConaghy Farms, Taylor Auctioneers, Tremblay Construction, Wright's Greenhouse
- Memory Lane (Beatty-area history book), published by W.A. Print Works Ltd. (Regina) for the Beatty and District Historical Society, 1983. ISBN 0-919533-26-4
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2010-09-10.
- "2001 Community Profiles". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012.
- "Alphabetical Schoolhouse Listing". One Room School Project. Saskatchewan Gen Web. Archived from the original on 22 October 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-10.
- Post Offices and Postmasters - ArchiviaNet - Library and Archives Canada
- Prince Albert Gen Web Region
- Saskatchewan Country Elevator System Maps with Index Years:1924-25, 1947-48, 1950-51, 1952-53, 1984
- GeoNames Query
- Canadian Maps: January 1925 Waghorn's Guide. Post Offices in Man. Sask. Alta. and West Ontario.