This article does not cite any sources. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Location||13 Quai du Mont-Blanc
|Number of rooms||90|
|Number of suites||18|
|Number of restaurants||« Le Chat Botté » (gastronomic restaurant)
« L’Atrium » (bar & light meals)
« Le Patara » (fine thai cuisine)
Beau-Rivage Geneva is a five-star luxury hotel, founded in 1865 by the Mayer family. It is located in Geneva, in Switzerland. A lot of hotels in the world have the name "Beau-Rivage", but this hotel has remained independent since its creation and is still a family-owned business. This hotel has 90 rooms including 18 suites, 2 restaurants and a bar. It is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World
- 1865 : The hotel is founded by Jean-Jacques Mayer.
- 1873: Charles II, Duke of Brunswick dies at the Beau-Rivage. The city of Geneva inherits 20 million gold francs from him. This sum of money will contribute to the construction of many buildings in Geneva, including its main theatre (Le Grand Théâtre).
- 1898 : The Austrian Empress, Elisabeth of Wittelsbach, Sisi, is stabbed to death by an anarchist soon after she leaves the Beau-Rivage.
- 1918 : Czechoslovakia is born, its "birth" is officially signed at the Beau-Rivage.
- 1940-1944 : The Beau-Rivage closes its doors during the war.
- 1970 : The gastronomic restaurant "Le Chat Botté" is created.
- 1978 : Jacques Mayer becomes the 4th generation of the Mayer family to manage the hotel.
- 1987 : Uwe Barschel, Minister-President of Schleswig-Holstein is found dead in his Beau-Rivage room.
- 1987 : Sotheby's incorporates its Swiss offices at the Beau-Rivage.
- 1990 : The Beau-Rivage celebrates its 125th birthday.
- 1998 : The Beau-Rivage and the association "Sissi 1998" commemorate the 100th anniversary of the loss of Sisi. A statue created by the British sculptor Philip Jackson is erected on the "Rotonde du Mont-Blanc", near the hotel.
- 2000-2001 : The bar "L’Atrium" is thoroughly renovated and some fragments of Pompeii-styled frescoes are discovered.
- 2002 : Dominique Gauthier becomes the chef of the restaurant "Le Chat Botté"
- 2008 : First and only luxury hotel in Geneva to hold an ISO 9001-200 quality certificate.
- 2008 : "Le Chat Botté" scores 18/20 in the Gault-Millau
- 2009 : Joins the Leading Hotels of the World