28 August 1974 |
Grafton, New South Wales, Australia
|Years active||1992 - 2004|
|Best year||Ranked 1st - 2000 and 2003, ASP World Tour Ranking|
|Major achievements||2 times ASP World Longboard Champion|
Beau Young is an Australian singer, songwriter and surfer.
Following in his father’s footsteps, Beau’s success as a professional surfer earned him the highest status in being crowned the ASP World Longboard Champion both in 2000 and again in 2003, defeating Joel Tudor on both occasions in the final. In 1998, he finished second in the ASP World Tour.  He then retired from competition and pursued a successful music career. His brother Bryce Young is also a professional longboarder and his sisters Nava & Naomi are also notable surfers.
It was in 2005 that saw his debut album “Waves of Change” released, in both Australia and Japan. The album debuted at #13 on the independent charts in Australia, reaching to #10 in the following weeks. Beau’s second album “One Step at a Time” was released in 2008. He has toured Japan (x 4), Italy, France, U.S. and Spain.
- Hang (2005) (V) .... Himself
- Singlefin: Yellow (2005) (V) .... Himself
- The Coconut Technique (2004) (V) .... Himself
- Cleo Bachelor 2002: Real Men Revealed (2002) (TV) .... Himself
- Costa Rica: Land of Waves (2001) (V) .... Himself
- The Endless Summer 2 (1994) .... Surfer 
- Sports 123
- Longboard Event Champions
- Oxbow Riders Oxbow Riders
- Beau Young at the Internet Movie Database
|This Australian biographical article relating to sport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to surfing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|