Location within Robert-Cliche RCM.
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Constituted||February 25, 1998|
|• Mayor||Luc Provençal|
|• Federal riding||Beauce|
|• Prov. riding||Beauce-Nord|
|• Total||166.20 km2 (64.17 sq mi)|
|• Land||167.54 km2 (64.69 sq mi)|
|There is an apparent
contradiction between two
|• Density||37.9/km2 (98/sq mi)|
|• Pop 2006-2011||2.1%|
|Time zone||EST (UTC−5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC−4)|
|Area code(s)||418 and 581|
Beauceville is a city in and the seat of the Municipalité régionale de comté Robert-Cliche in Quebec, Canada. It is part of the Chaudière-Appalaches region and the population was 6,354 as of the Canada 2011 Census.
Beauceville's new constitution dates from 1998, when it amalgamated with Saint-François-Ouest and Saint-François-de-Beauce. The previous city was also the creation of a merging between Beauceville and Beauceville-Est, distinction made because each shared a bank of the Chaudière River. Beauceville was the first municipality in Beauce to be constituted as a city when it detached from Saint-François-de-Beauce in 1904.
Autoroute 73 crosses Beauceville's territory at exit 61.
- William Chapman, poet born in Saint-François-de-Beauce
- Jeanne St. Laurent, wife to former Prime Minister Louis St. Laurent
- Stéphane Veilleux, National Hockey League player
- Marie-Philip Poulin hockey player, Olympic Gold Medalist
Kraft Celebration Tour 2010
- Commission de toponymie du Québec
- Ministère des Affaires municipales, des Régions et de l'Occupation du territoire
- Ville de Beauceville (in French)