|Type||Private high school|
|Campus size||24 acres (9.7 ha)|
|Color(s)||Blue and white|
|Last updated: 16 December 2017|
Beaufort Academy (BA) is a private college preparatory school for kindergarten through 12th grade, located in Lady's Island, South Carolina, United States. The school enrolls about 250 students, with an average class size of 16. The student to teacher ratio is 7:1. Beaufort Academy is an accredited member of the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS-SACS).
Beaufort Academy was founded in 1966 on Lady's Island, South Carolina. It was established as a segregation academy in response to the court-ordered integration of public schools. The school's tax exemption was revoked by the Internal Revenue Service after it declined to document that it had a racially nondiscriminatory admissions policy.
The campus sits on 24 acres (9.7 ha) acres of land, and is located on Sams Point Road.
- "Staff Directory | Beaufort Academy". beaufortacademy.edlioschool.com. Retrieved 2017-11-27.
- "About Our School". Retrieved December 29, 2015.
- "Beaufort Academy". Retrieved December 29, 2015.
- "Beaufort Academy--"None Ever Applied"". Retrieved December 29, 2015.
- Anderson, Robert (1971). The South and Her Children: School Desegregation 1970-1971. A Report. Southern Regional Council.
- Tax-exempt status of private schools :hearing before the Subcommittee on Oversight of the Committee on Ways and Means, House of Representatives, Ninety-ninth Congress, first session. November 1, 1985.
|This South Carolina school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|