Beautiful Life (Lydia Canaan song)
|Single by Lydia Canaan|
|from the album The Sound of Love|
|Released||July 3, 1995|
|Recorded||1994 at Matrix Studios (London)|
|Songwriter(s)||Marco Sabiu, Barry Blue|
|Producer(s)||The Rapino Brothers, |
|Lydia Canaan singles chronology|
The song was presented to radio and media at the Midem in Cannes, France in February 1995. That Spring Canaan's international release of "Beautiful Life"' by London-based Pulse-8 Records gained her international critical acclaim, eliciting comparisons to Celine Dion, Cher, and Tina Turner (Billboard, Music Week,), radio promo tour in the UK, radio airplay in the UK, Europe, South Africa, and the Middle East. In 1998 it was exhibited on Billboard magazine's TalentNet and topped the charts for months at No. 1., endorsed by iconic radio personality Casey Kasem.
Canaan performed "Beautiful Life" at the launch of MTV Europe held in Beirut, with the participation of Pato Banton, Urban Cookie Collective, and Rozalla on May 12, 1995. President of MTV Europe Peter Einstein stated during a press conference: "MTV is proud and privileged to play Lydia's videos on Music-Non-Stop Show... All at MTV have fallen in love with Lydia, her songs, and her performance".
- "Beautiful Life"
- Discogs – "Beautiful Life" release
- Lydia Canaan discography – The Sound of Love release
- "Cannes Bye Bye Day", Midem Daily News, No. 5, Cannes, February 3, 1995.
- Sinclair, David. "Global Music Pulse", Billboard, New York, May 10, 1997.
- Robinson, Nick. "Lydia Canaan: Beautiful Life", Music Week, London, May 13, 1995.
- Billboard TalentNet RadioBTN Top 50, p. 30, New York, December 25, 1998.
- "Dogbrain Music". Archived from the original on 2015-11-17. Retrieved 2015-05-12.
- Daniel, Judith. MTV Europe press release, Beirut, May 12, 1995.
- Blitz Press Release, Beirut, June 26, 1995.
- Ali, Avishka. "Lydia in Love With Bahrain", Bahrain This Month, No. 51, Bahrain, November 2001.
- "ACS Speaker of the Month Program Welcomes Singer Lydia Canaan", ACS Newsletter, Vol. III, No. 5, Beirut, February 2001.
- Jubayli, Jinan. "'Angel' Canaan Brings Back Home", The Daily Star, No. 10,735, Beirut, March 18, 2002.
- "Pop Star Brings 'Beautiful Life' to Baabda Palace", The Daily Star, No. 10,711, Beirut, February 15, 2002.
- "Beautiful Life" Video