Beautiful People (American TV series)
Complete Series DVD cover
|Created by||Michael Rauch|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||16 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Paul Stupin|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Production company(s)||34 Films|
Pirates' Cove Entertainment
Sony Pictures Television
|Distributor||Sony Pictures Home Entertainment|
|Original network||ABC Family|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||August 8, 2005 –|
April 24, 2006
Beautiful People is an American drama television series about a family that moves from New Mexico to New York City to make a fresh start on their lives. The series aired on the ABC Family network from August 8, 2005, to April 24, 2006, lasting sixteen episodes. Its executive producer was Paul Stupin, who played the same role for Dawson's Creek.
An academically gifted teen Sophie Kerr (Sarah Foret), her model-beautiful older sister Karen Kerr (Torrey DeVitto) and their newly single mother Lynne Kerr (Daphne Zuniga) leave small town New Mexico] in search of a new life in New York City. After their father runs off with his teenage mistress, Sophie and Karen decide their family needs a fresh start. They convince their mother that the big city holds promise for all of them. Sophie has gotten a scholarship to a Manhattan private school, Karen can pursue her dreams of modeling, and Lynn can leave the painful memories of her failed marriage behind her, while reviving the ambitions of becoming a fashion designer she put on hold to raise a family.
- Lynne Kerr (Daphne Zuniga): Lynne leaves New Mexico after her husband leaves her for her daughter Karen's best friend. When she arrives in New York City, she is a retailer at first, until she gets a jump start in the fashion world and starts working for a prominent sports wear designer. She bumps into college sweetheart Julian Fiske, for whom she still has feelings.
- Karen Kerr (Torrey DeVitto): Beautiful and vivacious, Karen is an aspiring model who is usually confident, but she loses some of that confidence when she begins taking diet pills to be thinner at the suggestion of one of her agents. Her first modeling gig is when she poses for the cover of a Brighton School magazine in a school business competition. She also worked wearing a chicken suit, among other odd gigs.
- Sophie Kerr (Sarah Foret): Gifted and intelligent, Sophie is a talented photographer who wins a scholarship to the prestigious Brighton School, a hub for the children of Manhattan's elite. She meets her good friend Gideon Lustig, who ends up falling for Sophie and Annabelle. Sophie finds herself in a romantic dilemma between elitist Nicholas Fiske and artistic Gideon.
- Gideon Lustig (Ricky Mabe): Sensitive and adorable Gideon is a vulnerable artist who is constantly put down by his wealthy, world-renowned artist father. Gideon believes that just because he has money doesn't mean he's better than others who aren't as fortunate. He develops a crush on Sophie Kerr and is caught in a love triangle with her and long-time best friend Annabelle Banks.
- Annabelle Banks (Kathleen Munroe): An aspiring photographer, Annabelle is in the shadow of Gideon, her long-time crush, when Sophie Kerr rolls into town. Her parents are divorced and both her parents left six months after it was finalized, leaving Annabelle with a babysitter. Annabelle explores her sexuality, figuring out she is bisexual.
- Nicholas Fiske (Jackson Rathbone): Charming and extravagantly rich, Nicholas is the heir to Fiske Publications and is a BP and captain of the JV lacrosse team at the exclusive Brighton School. He turns his back on then-girlfriend Paisley Bishop to start a relationship with new girl Sophie Kerr, whose heart Nicholas competes for with Gideon.
- Paisley Bishop (Jordan Madley): Wealthy, snobbish, and popular, Paisley is a BP and is used to getting whatever she wants, unless it happens to involve longtime on-and-off boyfriend Nicholas Fiske. Her family owns the Empire State Building and she drives a silver Porsche.
Season 1 (2005)
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|1||"Pilot"||Dennie Gordon||Michael Rauch||August 8, 2005||101|
|2||"Point and Shoot"||Dennie Gordon||Michael Rauch||August 15, 2005||102|
|3||"Reload"||Ken Girotti||Vince Calandra & Michael Rauch||August 22, 2005||103|
|4||"Over Exposure"||Mel Damski||Elizabeth Davis||August 29, 2005||104|
|5||"Dark, Room, Chemicals"||Milan Cheylov||Jennifer Glickman||September 5, 2005||105|
|6||"F-Stop"||Patrick Williams||Deborah Joy LeVine||September 12, 2005||106|
|7||"Blow Up"||Robert Berlinger||Michael Rauch||September 19, 2005||107|
|8||"Photo Finish"||Kelly Makin||Michael Rauch||September 26, 2005||108|
Season 2 (2006)
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|9||"Flashback to the Future"||Ken Girotti||Anne Kenney||March 6, 2006||109|
|10||"It's All Uphill Here from Here"||Chris Grismer||Lisa Albert||March 13, 2006||110|
|11||"A Tale of Two Parties"||Ken Girotti||K.J. Steinberg||March 20, 2006||111|
|12||"Das Boots"||Patrick Williams||David Goldsmith||March 27, 2006||112|
|13||"Black Diamonds, White Lies"||Ken Girotti||Michael Rauch||April 3, 2006||113|
|14||"Where Are We Now?"||Mel Damski||Elizabeth Davis||April 10, 2006||114|
|15||"Best Face Forward"||Michael DeCarlo||Story by : Anne Kenney |
Teleplay by : Lisa Albert & Anne Kenney
|April 17, 2006||115|
|16||"And The Winner Is..."||Chris Grismer||Story by : Lisa Albert & Anne Kenney & Michael Rauch |
Teleplay by : Michael Rauch
|April 24, 2006||116|
|Country||Network||Air date[needs update]|
|Brazil||I.Sat Brasil||Early 2008–present|
|La Deux||March 2007|
|Canada||Cosmopolitan TV||Early 2008|
|Croatia||RTL Television||October 7, 2006-|
|Czech Republic||TV Nova||September 2, 2008–present|
|Finland||Nelonen||April 18, 2007-|
Re-run: May 24, 2008 - July 19, 2008
|France||M6||April 14, 2009–present|
|Greece||Mega Channel||August, 2009–present|
|Hong Kong||ATV World Channel||July, 2010–present|
|Hungary||RTL Klub||February 24, 2008-|
|Italy||Sky||September 2, 2008–present|
|Latvia||TV3||August 9, 2010–present|
|Lithuania||TV3||August 5, 2009–present|
|Middle East||MBC4||September 2, 2008–present|
|Netherlands||RTL 8||July 4, 2009–present|
|Poland||Polsat||June 25, 2008 - July 16, 2008|
|Portugal||Fox Life||November 19, 2008–present|
|Slovenia||POP TV||October, 2009|
|Spain||Cosmopolitan TV||November, 2009–present|
The Complete Series was released for region 1 on August 8, 2006.
- Beautiful People - Get Beautiful With Daphne Zuniga This August Archived 2006-07-20 at the Wayback Machine accessed August 14, 2007