|Location||Melaka City, Melaka, Malaysia|
|Visitors||2,000 per month|
|Nearest car park||No|
The Beauty Museum or Museum of Enduring Beauty (Malay: Muzium Kecantikan) is a museum in Melaka City, Melaka, Malaysia. The museum building receives around 2,000 visitors every month.
The museum building was originally constructed in the 1960s, believed to be built on top of the ruins of Dutch building. It was initially used as the Melaka Historical City Municipal Council building. In 1996, the museum was opened. The museum was closed for public from September 2011 to August 2012 for upgrading work.
The museum exhibits the standard of beauty since ancient until modern times. It also displays different concepts of beauty as practiced by different cultures. Among those different beauty concepts are skin tattooing, lip stretching by round discs insertion, tooth feeling, sacrification, head molding into oval shapes and feet growth restricting.
The museum opens everyday from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- "Virtual Museum Melaka". virtualmuseummelaka.com.
- shf (21 May 2015). "Museum Ini Punya Bukti Bahwa Cantik Itu Menyakitkan". detikTravel.
- Faela Shafa. "Belajar Cantik di Museum of Enduring Beauty". detikTravel.
- "PERZIM - Museum of Enduring Beauty". PERZIM.
- "15 of the world's weirdest museums". Time Out.
- Nezzbag. "Museum Ini Punya Bukti Bahwa Cantik Itu Menyakitkan". Nezzbag. News Update. Archived from the original on 2015-07-10.
- "PERZIM - Statistik Pelawat Muzium". PERZIM. Archived from the original on 2015-07-08.
- "Museum". melaka.gov.my. Archived from the original on 2015-10-27.
- "Museum of Enduring Beauty". AmazingMelaka.com. Archived from the original on 2015-07-06.
- "A visit to the Museum of Enduring Beauty, Malacca, Malaysia - Expatior.com". expatior.com.
- "PERZIM - Harga Tiket". PERZIM.[permanent dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Beauty Museum.|
|This article related to a museum in Malaysia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|