Beaver Marsh, Oregon
Beaver Marsh is an unincorporated community in Klamath County, Oregon, United States. It is located on U.S. Route 97, about 6 miles south of Chemult. The Southern Pacific Cascade Line passes near the locale.
Beaver Marsh was an important stagecoach stop on the Oregon Central Military Wagon Road. Beaver Marsh post office opened in 1927 and closed in 1928. The community is near the swamp of the same name.
This region experiences warm (but not hot) and dry summers, with no average monthly temperatures above 71.6 °F. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Beaver Marsh has a warm-summer Mediterranean climate, abbreviated "Csb" on climate maps.
- "Beaver Marsh". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. November 28, 1980. Retrieved March 4, 2012.
- Oregon Atlas & Gazetteer (7th ed.). Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme. 2008. p. 56. ISBN 0-89933-347-8.
- McArthur, Lewis A.; McArthur, Lewis L. (2003) . Oregon Geographic Names (7th ed.). Portland, Oregon: Oregon Historical Society Press. p. 66. ISBN 978-0875952772.
- "Beaver Marsh". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. May 22, 1986. Retrieved March 4, 2012.
- Climate Summary for Beaver Marsh, Oregon
|This Klamath County, Oregon state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|