Beavercreek Township, Greene County, Ohio
|Beavercreek Township, Greene County, Ohio|
Suburban development off Trebain Road
Location of Beavercreek Township in Greene County
|• Total||49.2 sq mi (127.5 km2)|
|• Land||48.8 sq mi (126.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.5 sq mi (1.2 km2)|
|Elevation||853 ft (260 m)|
|• Density||1,070/sq mi (413.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP code(s)||45305 45324 45385 45430 45431 45434 45440|
|GNIS feature ID||1086164|
Beavercreek Township is one of the twelve townships of Greene County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census the township population was 52,156, up from 41,745 at the 2000 census. Of the 52,156 residents at the 2010 census, 5,762 lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships and cities:
- Bath Township - north
- Xenia Township - east
- Spring Valley Township - southeast
- Sugarcreek Township - south
- Kettering - southwest
- Riverside - northwest
Several populated places are located in Beavercreek Township:
- Most of the city of Beavercreek, in the west
- Part of the city of Fairborn, in the north
- Part of the city of Xenia, in the southeast
- Part of Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, a census-designated place, in the northwest
Name and history
Beavercreek Township was established in 1803 at a meeting in a log house on Beaver Creek.
It is the only Beavercreek Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Beavercreek City School District consists of one middle school, part of the $84 million bond issue passed on November 4, 2008, to be used to build an elementary and middle school and renovate buildings district-wide.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Beavercreek township, Greene County, Ohio". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Remainder of Beavercreek township, Beavercreek township, Greene County, Ohio". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- Greene County, Ohio, Greene County Auditor's Office, 2002. Accessed 2007-11-09.
- Broadstone, Michael A. (1918). History of Greene County, Ohio: Its People, Industries and Institutions, Volume 1. B.F. Bowen. p. 204.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- "Beavercreek Schools Levy Information". Retrieved 2011-08-25.
||Beavercreek City||Fairborn||Bath Township|
|Beavercreek City||Xenia Township|
|Sugarcreek Township||Sugarcreek Township||Xenia City|