|Origin||Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, ukulele, charango|
Becca Stevens is an American jazz, pop, and folk singer, and guitarist. Jazz vocalist Kurt Elling listed her as one of his five favorite jazz vocalists and music critic Ted Gioia identified her album Weightless (2011) as one of the one hundred best albums of 2011.
She has collaborated with pianists Taylor Eigsti, Timo Andres, and Brad Mehldau. Stevens leads the Becca Stevens Band, with Liam Robinson on accordion and keyboards, Chris Tordini on bass, and Jordan Perlson on drums and percussion. Along with Gretchen Parlato and Rebecca Martin, Stevens comprises one third of the group "Tillery."
Stevens attended the North Carolina School of the Arts with a major in classical guitar, later attending The New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music in New York, where she received a BFA in vocal jazz and composition. Stevens currently lives in New York.
- Becca Stevens Band, Perfect Animal, Universal Music Classics (2015)
- Becca Stevens Band, Weightless, Sunnyside Records (2011)
- Becca Stevens Band, Tea Bye Sea, Independent (2008)
As guest artist
- Gideon Van Gelder's Lighthouse (2014)
- Billy Childs's Map to the Treasure: Reimagining Laura Nyro (2014)
- José James's While You Were Sleeping (2014)
- Ambrose Akinmusire's The Imagined Savior Is Far Easier to Paint (2014)
- Esperanza Spalding's Radio Music Society (2012)
- Taylor Eigsti's Daylight at Midnight (2010)
- Travis Sullivan's Bjorkestra's Enjoy! (2008)
|This article about a jazz singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|