Blue Shield of California Building
|Blue Shield of California Building|
Location within San Francisco
|Former names||Bechtel Building|
|Location||50 Beale Street
San Francisco, California
|Owner||Paramount Group, Inc.|
|Roof||328 ft (100 m)|
|Floor area||730,136 sq ft (67,831.9 m2)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Skidmore, Owings & Merrill|
The Blue Shield of California Building is a 328 ft (100 m), 23-floor high-rise office building in the Financial District of San Francisco, California, located at 50 Beale Street between Market Street and Mission Street.
Completed in 1967, the building serves as the world headquarters for the Bechtel Corporation with spill-over across the street to 45 Fremont Center. The building has also served as headquarters for Blue Shield of California since 1996. In 2006, Blue Shield renewed its lease and acquired naming rights to the building. Formerly known as the Bechtel Building, the building was renamed the Blue Shield of California Building.
Broadway Partners acquired the building in 2007. A joint venture of The Rockefeller Group and Mitsubishi Estate New York acquired the building in September 2012. The building was sold to Paramount Group, Inc. for approximately US$395 million in September 2014.
- Blue Shield of California Building at Emporis
- "Blue Shield of California Building". SkyscraperPage.
- "50 Beale Street to be Renamed Blue Shield of California Building" (Press release). Blue Shield of California. September 28, 2006.
- Dineen, J.K. (March 8, 2007). "Broadway Real Estate buys South San Francisco building for $66 million". San Francisco Business Times.
- "Rockefeller JV Acquires San Francisco's 50 Beale St.". Commercial Property Executive. September 14, 2012.
- "The Rockefeller Group Sells 50 Beale for $395MM" (Press release). The Registry. September 10, 2014.
- Bates, Dan (July 11, 2011). "Bechtel Renews Office Space at 50 Beale". CoStar.
- Abdulkhaliq, Mike (October 3, 2006). "Blue Shield Inks 272,000-SF Lease at 50 Beale". CoStar.