Becker Group was an Australian independent film and television distribution business. It was established in 1965, and sold to Prime Television in 2007.
Becker Group was established in 1965 by Russell Becker.
In 2002 it took over Dendy Films and became known as Dendy/Becker, however both continued to operate separately. It also owned the OnSite Broadcasting and Moonlight Cinemas, and had offices in New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore and London.
In April 2006 Richard Becker, the managing director and son of Russell, announced he was stepping down and the chief operating officer and finance director Tim Keens would become the managing director on 1 July 2007. In June 2007 the group was sold to Prime Television.
Becker Group has been involved in the production or distribution of the following titles:
- Four Weddings and a Funeral
- Rabbit Proof Fence
- The World's Fastest Indian
- Margin Call
- Mr. Holland's Opus
- Supersize Me
- Good Night, and Good Luck
- Becoming Jane
- Like Minds
- December Boys
- Feed (film)
- Becker Group, Film & TV Database, British Film Institute
- "Becker chief to step down". The Hollywood Reporter. 11 April 2006.
- "Prime buys Becker stake in film biz". Encore Magazine. 1 July 2007.
- "Prime gains control of Becker Group". The Sydney Morning Herald. 22 June 2007.
- Boland, Michaela (15 July 2008). "Becker returning with new shingle". Daily Variety.
- Ian Mohr (Nov 3, 2005). "Morton takes hold of indie 'Control'". Variety.
- "Becker offers rich tax opportunity". SMH. June 21, 2005.
|This article about an Australian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|