Becker Township, Cass County, Minnesota
|Becker Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||37.3 sq mi (96.6 km2)|
|• Land||36.3 sq mi (94.0 km2)|
|• Water||1.0 sq mi (2.6 km2)|
|Elevation||1,253 ft (382 m)|
|• Density||13.4/sq mi (5.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0663544|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 37.3 square miles (97 km2), of which 36.3 square miles (94 km2) is land and 1.0 square mile (2.6 km2) (2.66%) is water.
- Cat Lake
- Dog Lake
- Farber Lake
- Johnson Lake
- Mud Lake
- Rice Lake
- Byron Township (north)
- Meadow Brook Township (northeast)
- May Township (east)
- Villard Township, Todd County (south)
- Thomastown Township, Wadena County (west)
- Bullard Township, Wadena County (northwest)
The township contains Hallet Family Cemetery.
As of the census of 2000, there were 485 people, 169 households, and 129 families residing in the township. The population density was 13.4 people per square mile (5.2/km²). There were 203 housing units at an average density of 5.6/sq mi (2.2/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 97.32% White, 0.41% Native American, 1.24% Asian, and 1.03% from two or more races.
There were 169 households out of which 44.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 63.3% were married couples living together, 7.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 23.1% were non-families. 21.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.87 and the average family size was 3.32.
In the township the population was spread out with 33.0% under the age of 18, 6.4% from 18 to 24, 28.5% from 25 to 44, 24.9% from 45 to 64, and 7.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 34 years. For every 100 females there were 104.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 105.7 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $35,795, and the median income for a family was $41,250. Males had a median income of $34,375 versus $23,333 for females. The per capita income for the township was $14,025. About 11.8% of families and 14.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 11.2% of those under age 18 and 57.7% of those age 65 or over.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder - Becker Township total population
- Upham, Warren (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 87.