New South Wales
Former Commercial Banking Company of Sydney branch in Beckom, now a private residence
|Population||170 (2006 census)|
|LGA(s)||Coolamon Shire Council|
Beckom is a village in the central part of the Riverina. It is situated about 5 kilometres north-east from Ardlethan, and situated about 90 kilometres (56 mi) east from Griffith. It had a population of 170 people on the 2006 Census night. The town was established with the opening of the railway line in 1908. Passenger services ceased in 1983 and the station closed in 1985 however the line remains open for goods trains.
Beckom Post Office opened on 4 January 1909 and closed in 1993.
Notes and references
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Beckom (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 13 June 2009.
- Little, Laura (4 October 2010). "Looking back on 100 years". The Daily Advertiser. Archived from the original on 6 October 2010. Retrieved 4 October 2010.
- Travelmate Archived March 25, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Beckom Station. NSWrail.net, accessed 10 November 2010.
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Retrieved 2009-06-11
Media related to Beckom at Wikimedia Commons
|Preceding station||NSW Branch lines||Following station|
|Temora- Roto Line||