|Current owner(s)||Becky Rand|
|Street address||390 Commercial Street|
|Other information||Renovated 2007|
Becky's Diner opened in 1991 with an exception to the city's zoning laws prohibiting non-fishery businesses in the location. Owner Becky Rand, a mother of six, argued that fishermen needed a place to eat before and after work, which was lacking because of their unusual hours. Several years after opening, her success allowed for new hours to be added during the middle of the night on weekends. In 1995, Becky's added a dinner menu. The diner is best known for its breakfast choices, but also boasts an inexpensive dinner menu rich in seafood.
Becky's enjoys much praise. Among the acclaim includes a spread in Gourmet Magazine, as well as a spot on Rachael Ray's Food Network program $40 a Day. The The Portland Phoenix named it the Best Greasy Spoon of 2008. Famous patrons include Taylor Swift, Bobby Brown, Tipper Gore, and former president Bill Clinton.
- "Eat and Run: Becky's Diner, Portland". Portland Press Herald. 12 March 2012. Retrieved 10 November 2014.
- Brouillette, Kirah (November 14, 2005). "The Gourmet effect: National press coverage has a big payoff for Maine restaurants". Mainebiz. Retrieved 2014-10-27.
- "The Phoenix Best 2008". The Portland Phoenix. 2008. Retrieved 10 November 2014.
- Hey, wasn’t that ... yeah, it’s Taylor Swift Archived March 3, 2016, at the Wayback Machine.
- "NEWS CENTER Talks One-On-One With Bill Clinton". WCSH6. 2008-02-07. Retrieved 2008-04-14.
Pres. Clinton bought a pair of Bean boots at LL Bean in Freeport, then stopped in at Becky's Diner in Portland...[dead link]
- A Triple D Thanksgiving Archived April 7, 2016, at the Wayback Machine.
- Becky's Diner Sausage Stuffing Archived May 20, 2016, at the Wayback Machine.