Brewerton after the 2009 Women's British Open
20 October 1982 |
St Asaph, Wales
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Current tour(s)||Ladies European Tour (joined 2004)
LPGA Tour (joined 2011)
|Number of wins by tour|
|Ladies European Tour||2|
|Best results in LPGA major championships
|ANA Inspiration||T72: 2010|
|Women's PGA C'ship||DNP|
|U.S. Women's Open||70th: 2014|
|Women's British Open||T16: 2007|
Brewerton was born in St Asaph, Wales. She had a successful amateur career. She was Welsh Girls Champion in 1997 and 1998 and Welsh Ladies Champion in 1999 and 2001. She became British Ladies Open amateur strokeplay champion in 1999 and 2002, a year she also won the European Ladies Amateur Championship
Brewerton represented Great Britain and Ireland in the Curtis Cup in 2000, and the Vagliano Trophy in 2001 and 2003. She was in line to be selected to the 2002 Curtis Cup squad but was not selected for the final team. She played in the 2002 Espirito Santo Trophy World Amateur Golf Team Championships and was named as the Daily Telegraph Golfer of the year.
Brewerton received two invitations to play on the Ladies European Tour in 2003. She held the halfway lead at the Tenerife Ladies Open in May finally finishing the tournament in second place and was beaten into second place again at the Wales WPGA Championship by a 74-foot birdie putt on the final green by Shani Waugh.
In her 2004 rookie season, Brewerton was second in the Ryder Cup Wales Rookie of the Year competition and finished eighth on the LET Order of Merit with four top ten finishes. She had four more top tens in 2005 which gave her a 19th-place finish on the money list. In 2006 she had five top tens and finished 15th on the New Star Money List.
In 2005, together with Becky Morgan, Brewerton finished sixth in the Women's World Cup of Golf in South Africa. The pair improved on that performance in 2006 finishing third, added an eighth-place finish in 2007 and a sixth place in 2008.
Brewerton's maiden professional victory was a three stroke win at the 2007 Ladies English Open. This, plus four other top ten finishes, earned her a place on the 2007 European Solheim Cup Team, the first Welsh golfer to play on a Solheim Cup team. She placed second in the BBC Wales Sports Personality of the Year in 2007, and was voted The Towergate Professional Player of the Year.
Brewerton's second LET victory was at the 2009 Open De España Femenino. This earned her the final place in the Evian Masters the following week which she led for three of the four days before finishing 13th, the highest finish by an LET player. These performances led to her selection as a captain's pick for the 2009 European Solheim Cup team and to the BBC Wales Sports Personality of the Year Award shortlist.
In December 2010, she finished 20th at the Final LPGA Qualifying Tournament to earn membership on the LPGA Tour for 2011 with low playing priority.
Professional wins (3)
Ladies European Tour wins (2)
- 2011 (1) Tenerife Ladies Match Play (unofficial Ladies European Tour)
Ladies European Tour career summary
|Year||LET wins||Earnings (€)||Order of Merit rank||Average|
- Official as of September 20, 2009.
- Curtis Cup (representing Great Britain & Ireland): 2000
- Vagliano Trophy (representing Great Britain & Ireland): 2001, 2003 (winners)
- Espirito Santo Trophy (representing Great Britain & Ireland): 2002
- Solheim Cup (representing Europe): 2007, 2009
- World Cup (representing Wales): 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
Solheim Cup record
|2007||3||1-1-1||0-0-1 halved w/S. Steinhauer||0-1-0 lost w/L. Davies 2&1||1-0-0 won w/L. Davies 2up||1.5||50%|
|2009||4||2-2-0||0-1-0 lost to A. Stanford 5&4||2-0-0 won w/G. Nocera 3&1, won w/G. Nocera 5&4||0-1-0 lost w/L. Davies 5&4||2.0||50%|
- "Becky Brewerton Player Profile". LET. Retrieved 2007-03-27.
- "Brewerton triumphs at St David's". BBC. 2001-05-23. Retrieved 2007-03-27.
- "Brewerton makes her point known". LET. 2003-05-04. Archived from the original on 2006-10-25. Retrieved 2007-03-27.
- "The British sport weekly digest". UK Sport. 2002-09-06. Archived from the original on 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2007-03-27.
- "The 2000 Curtis Cup". USGA. Retrieved 2007-03-27.
- "Coffey selected for Vagliano trophy team". RTÉ. Archived from the original on 2004-09-10. Retrieved 2007-03-27.
- "Irish and British ladies win out on final green". Irish Examiner. 2003-07-28. Archived from the original on 2007-09-29. Retrieved 2007-03-27.
- "Brewerton targets Curtis Cup". BBC News. 2001-10-02. Retrieved 2007-03-27.
- "2002 World Amateur Team Championaships" (PDF). IGF. Retrieved 2007-03-27.
- "Women's World Amateur Team Championship". Golf Stat Results. Retrieved 2007-03-27.
- "Brewerton hijacks the Pros in Tenerife". LET. 2003-05-02. Archived from the original on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2007-03-27.
- "Esterl clinches win in Tenerife". LET. 2003-05-04. Archived from the original on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2007-03-27.
- "It's Waugh on the shores of Porthcawl". LET. 2003-08-25. Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-03-27.
- "Becky Brewerton aiming to breakthrough in 2005". Golf Today. Retrieved 2007-03-27.
- "Hauert wins LET Q School". LET. 2003-11-03. Archived from the original on 2006-10-25. Retrieved 2007-03-27.
- "Blomqvist wins LET Rookie of the Year". Golf Today. Retrieved 2007-03-27.
- "Australia, England and Sweden favourites". LET. 2005-02-10. Archived from the original on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2007-03-27.
- "Women's World Cup of Golf 2007" (PDF). LPGA. 2007-01-21. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-01-27. Retrieved 2007-03-27.
- "Women's World Cup of Golf kicks off 2007 LET season". LET. 2007-01-17. Archived from the original on 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2007-03-27.
- "Brewerton delight at Solheim spot". BBC Sport. 2007-08-21. Retrieved 2007-08-21.
- "Profile: Becky Brewerton". BBC Sport. 2007-11-26. Retrieved 2008-01-30.
- "Brewerton scoops award as The Towergate Professional Player of the Year". Ladies European Tour. 2007-10-29. Archived from the original on 2008-01-03. Retrieved 2008-01-30.
- "Profile: Becky Brewerton BBC CYMRU Wales Sports Personality Of The Year 2009". BBC. 2009-11-30. Retrieved 2009-12-06.