Becky G in July 2016
Rebbeca Marie Gomez|
March 2, 1997
Inglewood, California, U.S.
|Other names||Becky Gomez|
Rebbeca Marie Gomez (born March 2, 1997), known professionally as Becky G, is an American singer and actress. Gomez first gained recognition in 2011 when she began posting videos of herself covering popular songs online. One of her videos caught the attention of producer Dr. Luke, who subsequently offered her a joint record deal with Kemosabe Records and RCA Records. While working on her debut effort, Gomez collaborated with artists will.i.am, Cody Simpson and Cher Lloyd. Her official debut single, "Becky from the Block" (2013), received a positive reception upon its release. She released her debut extended play, Play It Again (2013), later that same year. Her second single, "Can't Get Enough" (2014), featured guest vocals from Pitbull and went on to top the Latin Rhythm Airplay chart in the United States.
Gomez achieved mainstream success with the release of "Shower" (2014), which went on to enter the top twenty of the Billboard Hot 100 chart. The single would go on to receive a multi platinum certification from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), denoting two million units sold in the country. Following the success of "Shower", Gomez released "Can't Stop Dancin'" (2014) , "Lovin' So Hard" and "Break a Sweat" (2015) as singles from her forthcoming album. She embarked on a co-headlining tour with J Balvin throughout September and October 2015, spanning throughout the United States. She portrayed Valentina Galindo in two episodes of the musical television series Empire, contributing two new songs to the soundtrack of the series called “Do It" and “New New". Gomez was featured on the song "Superstar" (2016) with Pitbull. She released her first Spanish song, "Sola" as the lead single from her Spanish debut studio album.
Rebbeca Marie Gomez was born on March 2, 1997 and raised in Inglewood, California. She is the daughter of Alejandra and Francisco "Frank" Gomez. All four of her grandparents are from Jalisco, Mexico, while her parents and most of her family were born in the US. Gomez has two brothers, and a younger sister. In December 2017, she revealed she has a half-sister who is eighteen years old. Gomez grew up in poverty in Moreno Valley, and at the age of nine her family lost their home and moved into the converted garage of her grandparents' house due to financial problems. Gomez began working part-time jobs to help support her family, doing commercials and voice over work. She had what she described as a "mid-life crisis" when she was nine years old, and decided she wanted to pursue a music career. She was quoted as stating "That was literally my mid-life crisis when I was nine years old. That's when I felt like, 'OK, I gotta get my life together. What am I gonna do?' I pushed that on myself at a younger age than the average kid because at the time my family had lost our home. I've always been more mature for my age, so I was already understanding what they were going through. And I just thought, 'How can I help them?'" She initially attended public school, though had to undergo home schooling due to issues with bullying. She claimed that at one point she was jumped by multiple girls while in the restroom, and was a frequent target due to her jobs in the entertainment industry.
2008–2011: Career beginnings
Gomez appeared in the short film El Tux (2008) as Claudia Gómez and as Nina in the Discovery Channel television film La estación de la Calle Olvera (2008).[better source needed] She became a member of a girl group named G.L.A.M. in 2009, and later joined B.C.G., another girl group. She filmed a music video as part of G.L.A.M. for a song titled "JellyBean" in 2009. During this time, Gomez also began recording herself singing and rapping songs using Garageband, and created a YouTube account to post covers of popular songs online. She also began writing her own songs, and by the age of thirteen had taught herself how to play guitar. Gomez befriended production duo The Jam when she was thirteen, who liked Gomez's written work. The trio began working on material together, resulting in the covers of the songs "Otis" (2011), "Lighters" (2011), "Novacane" (2011) "Take Care" (2011), "Boyfriend" (2011), and an original song "Turn the Music Up". These songs were meant to be part of a mixtape, titled @itsbeckygomez, though this project never came to fruition. Her cover of "Otis" caught the attention of renowned producer Dr. Luke, who had worked with artists including Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus, among others. Luke scheduled a meeting with Gomez, and asked her to play guitar for him; he later signed her to his Kemosabe Records record label, through RCA Records. In reference to her video clip for "Otis", Luke claimed "I would have signed her off that video alone. I was 100 percent in. She has so much personality and her voice just pops out of the speakers. Then I met her and discovered she could also sing and play the guitar and I thought, 'This is even better.' Then I found out she could write and it was like, 'What else are you going to tell me, that you’re also Van Gogh?' Her potential is limitless." Shortly after signing with the label, Gomez began work on her debut album.
2012–2015: Commercial success with music and acting
While working on her debut album, Gomez released her first song, "Problem" featuring will.i.am, which was subsequently remixed into "Problem (The Monster Remix)" for the Sony Pictures Animation film Hotel Transylvania; the song served as a promotional single and also appeared in the movie in the end credits. Gomez and will.i.am filmed a music video for the song; it features both artists in a hotel while scenes from the movie also appear. She is featured on Cody Simpson's song "Wish U Were Here" (2012), serviced as the second single from his debut studio album. She worked with Cher Lloyd on the song "Oath" (2012), which was released as the fourth single from her debut album. The single had some commercial success, becoming Gomez's first song to chart on the Billboard Hot 100. The track was later certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), denoting sales of 500,000 copies in the country. She also worked with Michel Teló on a remix of his song "Ai Se Eu Te Pego" (2012). Gomez is featured on a remix of Kesha's top ten single "Die Young" (2012) alongside Juicy J and Wiz Khalifa; the remix was featured on the Japanese deluxe edition of Kesha's second studio album, Warrior (2012).
On April 8, Gomez released "Becky from the Block" (2013) as her official debut single. The song heavily samples the Jennifer Lopez song "Jenny from the Block" (2003). Gomez filmed a music video in her neighborhood, with Lopez herself making a cameo in the clip. Entertainment Tonight described the version to have "give[n] Jenny's NY-based tune a West Coast slant". That May, Gomez released a new song, "Play It Again" (2013), for digital download. The track served as a promotional single, and was not an official single released by Gomez. On July 13, Gomez released her debut extended play, also titled Play It Again (2013). The album contained five songs on the standard edition, and its name was chosen by Gomez's fans. "Cant Get Enough" (2014), which features a guest rap from Pitbull, was serviced as the lead single from the project. The song went on to top the Latin Rhythm Airplay chart in the United States, marking her first number one single on a Billboard chart. Spanglish and Spanish versions for "Play It Again" and "Can't Get Enough" were released to digital platforms, respectively. Gomez later filmed a music video for the song "Built For This" (2013), which she directed on her own. She recorded the song "Quiero Bailar (All Through the Night)" (2013) with 3Ball MTY, which sees Gomez singing in both English and Spanish. The song was intended to be used for their second studio album.
Gomez released the single, "Shower" (2014), as the initial lead single from her then upcoming English debut studio album on April 23. The song proved to be a success for Gomez, entering the top twenty of the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States. The song achieved chart success in numerous other countries as well, most notably reaching number eleven in both Australia and Sweden. The single went on to receive a multi platinum certification from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), denoting two million units sold in the country. Gomez began representing CoverGirl in July 2014. As the spokeswoman for the company, she filmed commercials to promote the brand and featured their products in her music videos. "Can't Stop Dancin'" (2014) was serviced as the next single from the album on November 4. The song failed to match the success of her prior single, peaking at number eighty-eight on the Hot 100.
Gomez opened for Demi Lovato and Katy Perry on select dates of their Demi and Prismatic world tours (2014–15) in both the United States and Mexico. Gomez is featured on the song "Como Tú No Hay Dos" (2015) by Mexican singer Thalía. Gomez released a song titled "Lovin So Hard" (2015), along with a music video consisting of homemade footage of Gomez and Austin Mahone, whom she briefly dated. On June 26, Gomez debuted a song titled "We Are Mexico" in solidarity with the Latin community in response to Donald Trump's remarks against illegal Mexican immigrants. She also performed at a tribute concert for the late Jenni Rivera. She released another song, "Break a Sweat" (2015), the fourth single to be released from her debut album. Gomez embarked on a co-headlining tour with Colombian reggaeton singer J Balvin beginning on September 23 and ending on October 25; the tour spanned across the United States. Gomez also released a remix with J Balvin for her single "Can't Stop Dancin". She later collaborated with Yellow Claw on the songs "Wild Mustang" and "For the Thrill" (2015). She released "You Love It" (2015) as a promotional single prior to the release of her debut album. That same day Gomez was cast as Trini in the film Power Rangers (2017). She also appeared as Valentina Galindo in two episodes of Empire adding the singles "Do It" and "New, New" (2015).
2016–present: Recent and upcoming work
Gomez traveled to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada to film Power Rangers. Filming occurred from February 29 to May 28, 2016. Gomez collaborated once more with Pitbull on the song "Superstar". The song served as the official anthem for the Copa América Centenario. On June 24, 2016, Gomez released the single "Sola". The song serves as her first to be sung solely in Spanish, and is the lead single to her forthcoming Spanish debut album. The song achieved success on Spanish radio, reaching number twenty-four on the Latin Pop Songs chart in the United States. She is featured in Lil Jon's single "Take It Off", which also features vocals from Yandel. On October 7, 2016, Gomez released "Mangú", her second Spanish song and follow-up to her single "Sola". Gomez was featured on Play-N-Skillz's both Spanglish and English remake versions of the song "Si Una Vez" (1994) by late Tejano singer Selena, alongside Frankie J and Kap G. The singles were released on February 24 and April 7 respectively. On February 20, 2017, Gomez teased the release of her single, "Todo Cambio", after posting a photo of herself wearing a wedding dress on social media. The song was released on March 3, 2017, and serves as the third single from her debut album. On March 24, Power Rangers was released, marking Gomez's feature film debut. She received public attention after it was revealed that her character, Trini, is queer, being the first superhero to be from the LGBT community. She collaborated with Argentine singer Axel, on the single "Que Nos Animemos" from his album Ser. On July 8, Gomez began a countdown on Twitter for her single "Mayores", featuring Bad Bunny. The song was released as the fourth single from her upcoming debut album on July 14. Gomez stated that "Mayores" will mark the beginning of a "new era". On September 21, it was confirmed that Gomez would be the opening act for girl group Fifth Harmony, for the Latin American leg of their PSA Tour, with shows in Argentina, Chile, and Mexico. During the group's performance in Argentina, Gomez was pulled off the stage by security after being confused for a fan when attempting to cover member Dinah Jane with the country's flag when her outfit was ripping apart. Gomez joined singer Leslie Grace on the song "Díganle", released on September 28. Gomez also collaborated with Lindsey Stirling as the featured vocalist on the track "Christmas C'mon", from Stirling's Christmas album, Warmer in the Winter, released on October 20, 2017. On February 9, 2018, duo Mau y Ricky released a remix of their song "Mi Mala" with Karol G featuring Gomez, Leslie Grace and Lali. On the 16th of the same month, Jamaican rapper Sean Paul and French DJ David Guetta released "Mad Love" also featuring Gomez. On April 20, Gomez released "Sin Pijama" with singer Natti Natasha.[better source needed] On August 5, Gomez released "Cuando Te Besé" with Paula Londra.[better source needed]
While on tour with Fifth Harmony in October 2017, Gomez suffered an "out-of-control fan attack" while in Mexico City. When exiting the hotel, her security guard tried to hold the fans back. She was pulled by several fans who wanted to take pictures with her. Gomez took to Snapchat to speak about the incident and also revealed that she has been dealing with anxiety, explaining why she ran during the commotion.
- Play It Again (2013)
|2008||El Tux||Claudia Gómez||Short film|
|2011||House of Sin||Rosalia|
|2017||Power Rangers||Trini Kwan/Yellow Ranger|
|2018||Gnome Alone||Chloe||Voice role|
|2008||La estación de la Calle Olvera||Nina||Television film|
|2014||Mahomie Madness||Herself||Episode: "Austin Mahone Shows His Tour Bus and Hangs with Becky G" (episode 33)|
|2014||Teens Wanna Know||Herself||Episode: "DJ Young Slade & Flips Audio Headphones Review" (season 3, episode 19)|
|2014||Tu día alegre||Herself||Episode: "Gabriel Valenzuela y Río Roma" (episode 1)|
|2015||Austin & Ally||Herself||Episode: "Dancers & Ditzes" (season 4, episode 10)|
|2015||Empire||Valentina Galindo||2 episodes|
Awards and nominations
|2015||Artist of the Year||Becky G||Nominated|
|2017||Hot Latin Songs Artist of the Year, Female||Becky G||Nominated|
|2018||Hot Latin Songs Artist of the Year, Female||Becky G||Nominated|
|2016||Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist||Becky G||Won|
|Year||Category||Nominee / Work||Result|
|2013||Revelation Young||Becky G||Nominated|
|2015||Mi Artista Pop/Rock||Becky G||Nominated|
|2016||Mi Artista Pop/Rock||Becky G||Nominated|
|Mi Tuitero Favorito||Becky G||Nominated|
|Best Style[A]||Becky G||Won|
|2017||Best Fashionista||Becky G||Nominated|
|2015||Pop Female Artist of the Year||Becky G||Nominated|
|Year||Category||Nominee / Work||Result|
|2014||Best New Artist||Becky G||Won|
|Artist with the Best Style||Becky G||Nominated|
|2015||Catchiest New Song||"Shower"||Won|
|Artist with the Best Style||Becky G||Won|
|2016||Artist with the Best Style||Becky G||Won|
|Best Song To Dance To||"Break A Sweat"||Nominated|
|Year||Category||Nominee / Work||Result|
|2014||Choice Summer Music Star: Female||Becky G||Nominated|
|Choice Music: Breakout Artist||Becky G||Nominated|
|2016||Choice Music: Party Song||"Break A Sweat"||Nominated|
|Choice TV: Scene Stealer||Empire||Nominated|
|Choice Style: Female||Becky G||Nominated|
|2017||Choice Sci-Fi Movie Actress||Power Rangers||Nominated|
|2018||Choice Latin Arist||Becky G||Nominated|
- "Best Style" wasn't a category at the award show, but was chosen by the audience while the event was currently airing live. Gomez managed to win the award, as announced at the end of the ceremony.
- "Becky G Pays Tribute To Mexican Culture By Recreating Iconic Frida Kahlo Paintings [PHOTOS]". Latintimes.com. May 25, 2016. Retrieved June 13, 2016.
- "Becky G dreams of being the next Jennifer Lopez". Los Angeles Times. August 19, 2013.
- "Becky G: 21 Under 21 (2014)". Billboard.
- Hiramine, Brie (May 7, 2015). "10 Celebrities Whose Moms Have Secret Instagram Accounts 7". J-14. Retrieved June 13, 2016.
- Mendizaba, Amaya (May 29, 2014) Becky G, Dr. Luke Land First Latin No. 1 With 'Can't Get Enough'. Billboard.com
- "Becky G. Has a Stylish Photo Shoot with Her Siblings". Twist Magazine. December 23, 2014.
- Pisquini, Maria (December 29, 2017). "Becky G Reveals She Has a Half-Sister in Emotional Post: 'We Met for the First Time This Year'". People Music. Retrieved January 8, 2018.
- "How Becky G Had a Midlife Crisis at Nine and Hit With Pitbull By 17". Rolling Stone. June 17, 2014. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- "MTV Biography – Becky G". MTV. Archived from the original on October 26, 2015. Retrieved May 7, 2017.
- "La estación de la Calle Olvera (2008)". IMDb.com. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- "Why We Love Becky G + Bio". Kidzworld. Retrieved October 30, 2015.
- "Monday Memos: Becky G…the rising pop star whose songs you're going to be singing in the shower throughout 2015 | celindareyesblog". celindareyesblog.com. Retrieved October 30, 2015.
- "Becky G's Biography — Free listening, videos, concerts, stats and pictures at Last.fm". www.last.fm. Retrieved October 30, 2015.
- "Problem – Single by Becky G". iTunes Store. Apple. Retrieved March 2, 2013.
- "Wish U Were Here (feat. Becky G) – Single by Cody Simpson on Apple Music". Itunes.apple.com. August 14, 2012. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- "Sticks & Stones by Cher Lloyd on Apple Music". Itunes.apple.com. October 2, 2012. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- "Cher Lloyd – Chart history". Billboard. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- "Gold & Platinum". RIAA. May 9, 2013. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- "Warrior (Japan Deluxe Version)". iTunes. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- "Becky from the Block – Single by Becky G". iTunes Store. Apple. Retrieved March 2, 2013.
- Daw, Robbie. "Jennifer Lopez Makes A Cameo In Becky G's "Becky From The Block" Video: Watch". Idolator.com. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- "Video: Becky G – 'Becky From The Block'". Rap-Up.com. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- Dodge, Shyam (April 9, 2013). "She's back! Jenny From The Block is resurrected as Jennifer Lopez appears in new Becky G tribute video". DailyMail. London. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- Updegraff, Jake. "Jennifer Lopez & Casper Smart Make Cameos In 'Becky from the Block' Music Video". RyanSeacrest.com. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- "J.Lo Cameos in 'Becky From The Block' Video". ET Online. April 8, 2013. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- "Play It Again – Single by Becky G on Apple Music". Itunes.apple.com. May 6, 2013. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- Blogamole, Ikam Acosta (July 18, 2013). "Becky G Releases 5-Song EP". The Huffington Post. Retrieved June 18, 2016.
- "Becky G – Built For This". VEVO. Retrieved May 13, 2010.
- "Quiero Bailar (All Through the Night) [feat. Becky G] – Single by 3BallMTY on Apple Music". Itunes.apple.com. September 17, 2013. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- "Life Before "Shower": Becky G's 5 Best Early Songs And Features | Idolator". July 22, 2014.
- "Billboard Hot 100 (current issue)". Retrieved June 15, 2014.
- "Chart Highlights: Iggy Azalea, Paramore Score First Pop Radio No. 1s".
- "Discography Becky G". australian-charts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved September 20, 2014.
- "Becky G – Shower Awards". RIAA. Retrieved July 26, 2015.
- Doupnik, Liz. "CoverGirl Becky G — New CoverGirl Spokeswoman Becky G". Seventeen.
- "iTunes – Music – Can't Stop Dancin' – Single by Becky G". iTunes Store. Apple Inc. Retrieved May 27, 2015.
- "Becky G – Chart History: The Hot 100". Billboard.com. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- Perry, Katy. "Prismatic World Tour – North American Dates Announced!". katyperry.com. Archived from the original on January 16, 2014. Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- "5 Cosas Que Thalia Le Copiรณ a Jennifer Lopez". YouTube. March 28, 2015. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- "Becky G Releases "Lovin' So Hard"". J-14. April 2, 2015.
- "Becky G and Austin Mahone Break Up: Get the Details". E Online. August 11, 2015.
- "Becky G". Billboard.
- Romero, Angie (May 20, 2015). "Becky G to Honor the Late Jenni Rivera in Upcoming Tribute Concert". Billboard. Retrieved May 21, 2015.
- "iTunes – Music – Break a Sweat – Single by Becky G". iTunes. Retrieved August 20, 2015.
- "J Balvin & Becky G 2015 Co-Headlining North American Tour Schedule". May 11, 2015. Retrieved May 11, 2015.
- "J Balvin & Becky G announce joint tour". May 5, 2015. Retrieved May 11, 2015.
- "Wild Mustang (feat. Becky G) [Remixes] – EP by Yellow Claw & Cesqeaux on Apple Music". Itunes.apple.com. October 7, 2015. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- "iTunes – Music – You Love It – Single by Becky G". iTunes. Retrieved October 30, 2015.
- Siegel, Lucas (October 30, 2015). "Becky Gomez Cast as Yellow Ranger in New Power Rangers Film". Comicbook.com.
- Jayson, Jay (October 30, 2015). "Saban Confirms Power Rangers Will Use Names Of Original Characters". Comicbook.com.
- Romano, Nick (February 29, 2016). "First 'Power Rangers' Synopsis Is a Throwback to The Original Series". Collider. Retrieved May 9, 2016.
- "BIG BUDGET: POWER RANGERS Movie To Film in Vancouver This Winter". yvrshoots.com. September 11, 2015. Retrieved January 18, 2016.
- Scott, Naomi (May 28, 2016). "And that's a wrap". Twitter. Retrieved May 29, 2016.
- Bowen, Marty (May 28, 2016). "That's a wrap. Much love to Vancouver for taking my family and I in. Even more love to the Power Rangers cast and crew. I'm very proud of what we have "in the can."#powerrangers". Instagram. Retrieved May 29, 2016.
- "Superstar (feat. Becky G) – Single by Pitbull on Apple Music". Itunes.apple.com. May 25, 2016. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- "Hear Pitbull, Becky G Perform 'Superstar,' Copa America 2016's Theme Song". NESN. June 3, 2016.
- Apaza, Kevin. "Becky G Surprises With Spanish New Song "Sola": Stream". Direct Lyrics. Retrieved June 25, 2016.
- "Becky G – Chart history". Billboard. September 20, 2014. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- "Take It Off (feat. Yandel & Becky G) – Single by Lil Jon on Apple Music". Itunes.apple.com. July 22, 2016. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- Flores, Griselda (April 5, 2017). "Watch Becky G, Kap G & More Sing Along With Fans in 'Si Una Vez' Lyric Video". Billboard. Retrieved May 7, 2017.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVKdF-A9bzc. Missing or empty
- http://www.miami.com/miami-news/becky-g-in-miami-to-promote-movie-song-152546/. Missing or empty
- Cite error: The named reference
Queerwas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- "Mayores (feat. Bad Bunny) - Single by Becky G on Apple Music". August 27, 2017. Retrieved August 27, 2017.
- BeckyGVEVO (July 13, 2017), Becky G, Bad Bunny - Mayores (Official Video), retrieved December 18, 2017
- Fernandez, Suzette (September 27, 2017). "Becky G To Support Fifth Harmony On Their Latin American Tour". Billboard. Retrieved October 13, 2017.
- Marti, Diana (October 3, 2017). "Becky G Mistaken for a Fan by Security at Fifth Harmony Concert". E NEWS. Retrieved October 13, 2017.
- "Becky G confesó cómo se sintió cuando la bajaron del escenario del concierto de Fifth Harmony". E! NEWS. October 12, 2017. Retrieved October 13, 2017.
- "Díganle - Single". iTunes. September 29, 2017. Retrieved February 24, 2018.
- Marti, Diana (October 10, 2017). ""Leslie Grace Talks About Working With Friend Becky G on "Díganle"—Plus, Casper Smart's Cameo"". ENews. Retrieved February 24, 2018.
- Elizabeth, De (October 5, 2017). "Lindsey Stirling and Becky G Teamed Up for "Christmas C'Mon"". Teen Vogue. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- "Mi Mala (feat. Becky G, Leslie Grace & Lali) [Remix] - Single". iTunes. February 9, 2018. Retrieved February 24, 2018.
- Marti, Diana (February 13, 2018). ""Inside "Mi Mala" Remix's Music Video with Becky G, Mau y Ricky, Karol G, Leslie Grace and Lali"". ENews. Retrieved February 24, 2018.
- "Mad Love (feat. Becky G) - Single". iTunes. February 16, 2018. Retrieved February 24, 2018.
- Cobo, Leila (February 22, 2018). ""Sean Paul Talks 'Mad Love' Collab With Becky G & Making Hits With Women: Exclusive"". Billboard. Retrieved February 24, 2018.
- Sin Pijama - Single de Becky G & Natti Natasha (in Spanish), April 20, 2018, retrieved August 9, 2018
- Cuando Te Besé - Single de Becky G & Paulo Londra (in Spanish), August 5, 2018, retrieved August 9, 2018
- Weatherby, Taylor (April 19, 2016). "Becky G's New Boyfriend: Singer Dating LA Galaxy Soccer Star Sebastian Lletget". Hollywood Life. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- "Muchos besos! Becky G shares a smooch with soccer player boyfriend Sebastian Lletget at the Latin Grammy Person of the Year Award". DailyMail. November 17, 2016.
- Reilly, Kaitlin (October 10, 2017). "Becky G Was Brought To Tears After A Fan Got Too Rough". Refinery 29. Retrieved October 13, 2017.
- Ginsberg, Gabriella (October 10, 2017). "Becky G Breaks Down Sobbing After She's 'Hurt' In Ugly Fan Encounter: 'I'm A Human Being'". Hollywood Life. Retrieved October 13, 2017.
- "Becky G to play 'Sara' in full feature film 'Miles'". OH NO THEY DIDN'T!. August 31, 2016. Archived from the original on February 24, 2018. Retrieved February 24, 2018.
- Garibaldi, Christina (October 7, 2015). ""BECKY G GOT UP IN COOKIE'S FACE DURING 'EMPIRE' FILMING AND IT WAS THE WRONG MOVE"". MTV News. Retrieved February 24, 2018.
- "Billboard Latin Music Awards 2015: Complete Winners List". Retrieved July 22, 2016.
- WENN (February 8, 2017). "Becky G shocked by Billboard Latin Music Award nomination". Retrieved March 20, 2017.
- WENN (April 26, 2018). "List of Billboard Latin Music Award (2018) wins and nomination". Retrieved June 15, 2018.
- Flores, Griselda (August 31, 2016). ""Latin American Music Awards 2016 Nominees: Nicky Jam, Becky G, Banda MS & More"". Billboard. Retrieved February 24, 2018.
- Flores, Griselda (July 14, 2016). ""Premios Juventud 2016: CNCO, Nicky Jam, Marc Anthony & More Winners"". Billboard. Retrieved February 24, 2018.
- "Twitter". Retrieved July 22, 2016.
- ""¡Thalía y Becky G, juntas por primera vez en Premio Lo Nuestro!"". Premios Lo Nuestro. February 15, 2015. Retrieved February 24, 2018.
- ""2015 Radio Disney Music Awards: See the Winners List!"". Billboard. April 25, 2015. Retrieved February 24, 2018.
- Atkinson, Katie (June 20, 2017). ""Harry Styles Leads First Wave of 2017 Teen Choice Awards Nominations"". Billboard. Retrieved February 24, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Becky G.|