at the Revlon Run/Walk for Cancer (2008)
Rebecca Lynn Gulsvig
August 25, 1982
Moorhead, Minnesota, United States
|Occupation||actress, singer, dancer|
Tyler Fisher (m. 2006)
Rebecca Lynn "Becky" Gulsvig (born August 25, 1982) is an American actress, singer, and dancer.
Gulsvig was born in Moorhead, Minnesota, the daughter of Patricia Kay (née Nelson) and Kristofer Gulsvig. She is of Norwegian heritage. Her mother is a teacher and her father is a financial advisor. She attended Moorhead High School, Trollwood Performing Arts School, and the Red River Dance and Performing Company.
Gulsvig's first role was that of Wendy in a touring production of Peter Pan. She has performed on Broadway in Hairspray as Amber Von Tussle and originated the role of Leilani in the Broadway production of Legally Blonde the Musical, understudying the roles of Elle Woods, Serena, and Margot. She can also be seen on a Verizon commercial. She starred as Elle Woods in the North American national tour of Legally Blonde the Musical since the tour started in September 2008, until it ended in August 2010. For this role she was nominated for the 2009 Helen Hayes Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Non-Resident Production. Gulsvig performed the song "So Much Better" live at the 2009 Tony Awards ceremony.
- Baby Case, Arden Theatre Company, Philadelphia, October 2001-November 2001, ensemble
- Hairspray Original Broadway production, 2002, Understudy: "Amber Von Tussle", "Lou Ann", and "Amber Von Tussle"
- Grease, Millburn, New Jersey, Paper Mill Playhouse, 2003, "Patty Simcox"
- Broadway Close Up, David Zippel, Merkin Concert Hall, Manhattan, New York City, September 25, 2006
- Legally Blonde the Musical, Original Broadway production, 2007: "Leilani", ensemble, understudy for "Elle Woods", "Margot" and "Serena"
- Legally Blonde the Musical, US Tour, 2008–2010, "Elle Woods"
- Les Miserables, Vero Beach, Florida, Riverside Theatre, 2013, "Eponine"
- Disenchanted, Theater at St. Clements Church, December 4, 2014–January 25, 2015; and Off-Broadway Westside Theatre (Upstairs), April 7, 2015–June 14, 2015
- Beautiful: The Carole King Musical, US Tour, 2015, "Cynthia Weil"
- School of Rock the Musical Original Broadway production, 2016, "Patty"
- South Pacific Cape Playhouse, 2018, "Ensign Nellie Forbush"
- Come From Away US Tour, 2018, "Beverley & Others"
- Minnesota Department of Health. Minnesota Birth Index, 1935-2002 (Provo, UT: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.), 2004.
- Preston, Rohan."Living Out Her Dream," startribune.com, April 25, 2009
- Robert Crew (2010-07-03). "Legally Blonde star one of the originals". Toronto Star. Archived from the original on 6 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- Gulsvig bio barkingdogrecords.com, accessed July 18, 2009
- Hetrick, Adam. "Road Trip! Legally Blonde Kicks Off Tour in Providence Sept. 21", Playbill.com, September 21, 2008
- Hagwood, Rod Stafford. "Her 'Blonde' ambition" SunSentinel, March 13, 2009
- Awards theatermania.com
- Viagas, Robert and Gans, Andrew. "Full Casting and Stops Announced for National Tour of 'Beautiful— The Carole King Musical' ", Playbill.com, August 10, 2015
- Jones, Kenneth."Baby Case, New Musical About Lindbergh Tragedy, Opens Oct. 16 in Philly" playbill.com, October 16, 2001
- Gans, Andrew."Grease Is the Word at the Paper Mill June 4-July 27," playbill.com, June 4, 2003
- Gans, Andrew."Zippel and Yazbek Featured in Broadway Close Up Series; Gravitte, Kaye and Scott to Perform", playbill.com, August 16, 2006
- Viagas, Robert; Purcell, Carey; and Clement, Olivia. " 'Disenchanted!', About Fairy-Tale Princesses, To Vanish", Playbill, June 9, 2015