18 October 1980 |
Norwich, Norfolk, England
|Occupation||Weather presenter, TV presenter|
|Spouse(s)||Jack Heald (m. 2009)|
|Parent(s)||Wendy and Richard Mantin|
Born to Wendy and Richard Mantin, Mantin grew up in the south Norfolk village of Saxlingham Nethergate and attended Norwich High School for Girls and the Sixth Form at Norwich School.
Mantin started her media career writing for the Eastern Daily Press and appearing on the commercial radio station Broadland 102. She then moved to ITV Anglia, initially as a fashion presenter for lunchtime magazine show Home Malone before taking meteorological training to become ITV Anglia's main weather presenter, later presenting and reporting on regional programmes including the consumer show Late Night Checkout and animal rescue series 'Animal Tales'.
Mantin then started to appear on the national channels ITV Weather, Channel 5 and Sky as a reporter. From 25 February 2005 she ceased duties with ITV Anglia and joined ITV Weather on a permanent basis. She co-presented ITV's This Morning Summer with Denise van Outen and Richard Bacon in summer 2005 to celebrate 50 years of ITV.
Mantin married former yachtsman turned professional rugby coach Jack Heald in Walberswick on 12 December 2009. Mantin gave birth to a boy in October 2010. Her second son was born in May 2012.
- Becky Mantin itv.com
- "Becky Mantin". Biogs.com. 2007. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- Who is Becky Mantin? ITV weather woman sparks busty meltdown on Good Morning Britain Sebastian Kettley, Express, 4 August 2017
- This Morning, 13 April 2010
- Wedding Photography Becky Mantin Jay Rowden
- Nice to see Becky Mantin back Daily Express, 12 March 2011
- given birth to her third child - baby girl called Elizabeth.given "hi! I had a little boy (Thomas) on 13th May! Two boys under two! Busy but wonderful! X" Becky Mantin, Twitter, 7 October 2012
- Nathan, Sara (19 June 2007). "Weathergirl splits head surfing". London: The Sun.