|Directed by||Pernille Fischer Christensen|
|Music by||Nicklas Schmidt|
|Cinematography||Erik Molberg Hansen|
Becoming Astrid (Swedish: Unga Astrid, Danish: Unge Astrid) is a Swedish-Danish 2018 biographical drama film about the early life of Swedish author Astrid Lindgren. The film is directed by Pernille Fischer Christensen, from a screenplay written by Christensen and Kim Fupz Aakeson, and stars Alba August, Maria Bonnevie, Magnus Krepper, Trine Dyrholm, Henrik Rafaelsen, Björn Gustafsson, and Maria Fahl Vikander.
Children from all over the world write letters to Astrid Lindgren (Maria Fahl Vikander), which makes her dream back to her youth in Småland. When she (Alba August) worked at Vimmerby tidning, she falls in love with the 30-year older chief editor Reinhold Blomberg (Henrik Rafaelsen). She becomes pregnant with her son Lars, and when Blomberg was in divorce, she had to give birth to her son in Copenhagen, where she did not have to disclose the father's name.
- Alba August as Astrid Lindgren
- Maria Fahl Vikander as Older Astrid
- Maria Bonnevie as Hanna Ericsson, Astrid's mother
- Magnus Krepper as Samuel August Ericsson, Astrid's father
- Henrik Rafaelsen as Reinhold Blomberg, editor-in-chief of Vimmerby magazine, and father of her son Lars
- Trine Dyrholm as Lars' danish foster mother
- Björn Gustafsson as Sture Lindgren, Astrid's later husband
- Li Brådhe as Landlord
- Mira Mitchell as Berta
- Sofia Karemyr as Madicken
Astrid and Sture Lindgren's daughter Karin Nyman, has criticized the film about her mother, stating that her mother would have felt enormous reluctance for such a film, and that the period in her life, the relationship with Reinhold Blomberg, the son's birth, and foster home stay, was something private, which she did not want to focus on. Nyman compared the film with other biographical films, about Winston Churchill or Björn Borg, where one focused on what they accomplished in life, rather than a few years of the person's most intimate private life.
|Award||Date of ceremony||Category||Recipient(s)||Result||Ref(s)|
|Guldbagge Awards||28 January 2019||Best Film||Lars G Lindström, Maria Dahlin and Anna Anthony (Producers)||Nominated|||
|Best Actress||Alba August||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actor||Henrik Rafaelsen||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress||Maria Bonnevie||Nominated|
|Best Costume Design||Cilla Rörby||Nominated|
|Art Direction||Linda Janson||Nominated|
- Peterson, Jens (February 21, 2018). ""Unga Astrid" – en gripande film om Astrid Lindgren". Aftonbladet (in Swedish). Retrieved January 11, 2019.
- Jofs, Stina. ""Astrid hade sagt nej, ett absolut och rungande nej."". Vi (in Swedish). Retrieved January 11, 2019.
- "De är nominerade till Guldbaggen 2019". Aftonbladet (in Swedish). January 3, 2019. Retrieved January 10, 2019.
- "Guldbaggevinnarna 2019" (in Swedish). January 28, 2019. Retrieved February 16, 2019.