Bed of Roses (1996 film)
|Bed of Roses|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Michael Goldenberg|
|Produced by||Allan Mindel
|Written by||Michael Goldenberg|
|Music by||Michael Convertino|
|Edited by||Jane Kurson|
New Line Cinema
|Distributed by||New Line Cinema|
|January 26, 1996 (USA)
February 1, 1996 (Australia)
February 16, 1996 (UK)
Lisa Walker (Mary Stuart Masterson) is a business executive who has gotten used to being alone but doesn't like it very much. She was abandoned by her birth parents and then spent most of her childhood being raised by Stanley (S.A. Griffin), a foster father who never really loves Lisa after her adopted mother died.
One day, Lisa gets word that Stanley has died; alone in her apartment, after attempting to feed her now dead pet fish, she breaks down and cries uncontrollably. The next day at work, Lisa gets an unexpected delivery of flowers from a secret admirer. Puzzled, she presses the delivery man for information on who might have sent her the flowers. He says the sender wants to remain anonymous. Lisa asks her friends for names and visits the flower shop to no avail.
After getting to know each other better, he confesses that he sent them. Lewis (Christian Slater) runs a flower shop and often takes long walks through the neighborhood at night, trying to lose memories of his deceased wife and child. He saw Lisa crying in her window and hoped the roses would cheer her up. Before long, Lisa and Lewis begin dating but each has emotional issues to resolve before their story can have a happy ending.
- Christian Slater as Lewis Farrell
- Mary Stuart Masterson as Lisa Walker
- Pamela Adlon as Kim (Credited as Pamela Segall)
- Josh Brolin as Danny
- Debra Monk as Lewis' Mom
- Mary Alice as Alice
- Kenneth Cranham as Simon
- Ally Walker as Wendy
- S.A. Griffin as Stanley
|4.||"Independent Love Song"||Scarlet||3:50|
|5.||"Too Much Perfection"||Michael Convertino||1:45|
|6.||"I Looked Up"||Michael Convertino||2:57|
|7.||"Ice Cream"||Sarah McLachlan||2:46|
|8.||"In Winter"||Michael Convertino||1:51|
|9.||"Amelia and the King of Plants"||Michael Convertino||3:09|
|12.||"Killing Time"||Daniel O'Brien||3:33|
|13.||"Nervous Heart"||The Borrowers||3:24|
|14.||"Snow Fell On Walter"||Michael Convertino||2:29|
- Jack Mathews (January 26, 1996). "MOVIE REVIEW : 'Bed of Roses' Could Use a Few Thorns". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved January 14, 2015.
- Roger Ebert (January 26, 1996). "Bed Of Roses Movie Review & Film Summary (1996)". Roger Ebert Online. Retrieved January 14, 2015.
- Janet Maslin (January 26, 1996). "Bed of Roses (1996) FILM REVIEW; Ms. Workaholic's Mr. Right". The New York Times. Retrieved January 14, 2015.
- "Bed of Roses (Soundtrack from the Motion Picture)". iTunes. Retrieved January 14, 2015.