Bedat & Co
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Privately Held Company|
|Industry||Luxury Watch Manufacturing|
Today, Bedat & Co is owned by LuxuryConcepts SA, a Geneva-based firm.
After years of experience in the watch industry, Christian Bédat and Simone Bédat decided to create their own brand, in 1996. The first collection of timepieces, the N°3, N°7.Ref. 304 , 710 were presented in 1997 during BaselWorld.
In 2006, Simone and Christian Bédat departed from the company making the Gucci Group the sole owner of Bedat & Co. Following their departure, the Bedat & Co's company worked with new designers.
In 2010, Bedat & Co returned to the roots and worked again with the designer Dino Modolo for the latest collection.
Bedat & Co comprises 5 collections. Each collection has a number: 1, 2, 3, 7 and 8. Numbers, instead of names, were deemed the best identifications of collection. Unlike names, numbers can be easily translated through countries throughout the world, whereas names would supposedly be very difficult to comprehend or spell.
Each number corresponds to a form of shape:
- N°1: Square-shaped cases curved at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock
- N°2: Oval-shaped cases
- N°3: Tonneau-shaped cases
- N°7: Rectangular-shaped cases curved at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock
- N°8: "Round in a cushion" shaped cases
- Extravaganza: Haute Joaillerie models 
The models launched in 2011 include the new Ref. 830.030.100, a line of ladies’ chronograph with 60-second and 9 o’clock counters. This is the brand’s first model to offer such popular function, and is also distinguished by the snow setting on the bezel – a technique consisting in arranging different sized tiny diamonds nestled close together to form a sparkling gemstone carpet entirely concealing the metal beneath.
The brand’s No. 1 collection has also been given a new design.
Another new model for the brand comes in the shape of the Ref. 315.040.019 – which offers a visual effect topped with a bezel featuring a unique random setting composed of 390 diamonds, and fitted with a hand-sewn alligator strap.
Bedat & Co has been exhibiting in Baselworld every year. In 2013, Bedat & Co was housed in Hall 1.1 where only the prestigious brands are located in the hall.
In United Brands Lists of Top 10 Industry Brands for 2011, Bedat & Co was ranked No. 6 under the category of Top 10 Watch Brands – Diamond.
- 2009 – Winner of Favourite Ladies’ Watch Award for Ref. 384.031.600 
- 2010 – Winner of Favourite Ladies’ Watch Award for Extravaganza 883 
- 2011 – Winner of YTL Spirit of Classical Art Award for Ref. 288 
- 2012 – Winner of YTL Spirit of Classical Art Award for Extravaganza 887
- 2013 - Winner of YTL Spirit of Classical Art Award for Ref. 327.555.909 
- 2014 - Winner of Favourite Ladies’ Watch Award for Ref. 828.040.M04 
Ambassador & Celebrity
Yolanda Foster, former supermodel and TV reality star became BEDAT & CO brand ambassador in 2003. Married to Grammy Award-winning Canadian producer and songwriter David Foster, she is recognized of her campaign for awareness against Lyme Disease, a condition which she suffers herself.
Mandy Santos, a Philippines designer and entrepreneur of Solene Garments that designs and manufactures Tarte Tatin, a one-stop shop that offers footwear and accessories for mothers and toddlers  was chosen as Bedat & Co’s “Woman of Calibre”. Mandy is also a favourite cover girl of the Philippines top lifestyle magazine.
British Classical Singer, Carly Paoli, was appointed as a brand Ambassador in September 2014. Since her appointment, she had performed at David Forster’s concert alongside Steven Tyler and Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Hudson as well as Jackie Evancho. She was also privileged to be invited to perform at the International Women's Media Foundation Courage in Journalism Awards (IWMF) in Los Angeles. The performance ended with a rousing reception. She made the Asian debut in Malaysia at 'A Journey Through Time VIII' Asia's grandest watch and jewellery showcase held at Starhill Gallery, Kuala Lumpur.
- Nadal, Nana (2009-12-04). "Luxury Timepieces with a Feminine Spirit". Manila Standard Today. Archived from the original on 2011-02-20. Retrieved 2011-02-20.
- Bobolicu, Georgiana (2009-02-27). "Bedat & Co., Taken Over by Malaysian Company". Softpedia. Archived from the original on 2011-02-20. Retrieved 2011-02-20.
- "Founders of BEDAT & C° Sophisticated Watches". Fox's Gem Shop, http://www.foxsgemshop.com. Archived from the original on January 23, 2013. Retrieved May 18, 2011. External link in
- Constanza, Frank S. (2000-21-13). "Gucci Acquires Bedat & Co.". AllBusiness.com. Archived from the original on 2011-02-20. Retrieved 2011-02-20. Check date values in:
- "Queen at watch boutique launch at Starhill". Star Metro, http://thestar.com.my/. January 3, 2009. Archived from the original on June 28, 2011. Retrieved February 23, 2011. External link in
- Ariel Adams. "Bedat & Co. Watch Company Saved: Sold To Malaysian Firm". Luxist, http://www.luxist.com. Retrieved May 18, 2011. External link in
- Wei Koh (June 2010), Bedat & Co.: Ascension of the brand, YTL Community, http://www.ytlcommunity.com, archived from the original on July 28, 2011, retrieved May 18, 2011 External link in
- My Lifestyle News, The Feminine Luxury Of Time @ BEDAT & Co, October 26, 2011
- Bedat, The Couture Show, http://www.thecoutureshow.com, May 6, 2011, retrieved Jun 17, 2011 External link in
- BaselWorld, Exhibitor Information, July 16, 2013
- IDEX Online", United Brands Lists Top 10 Industry Brands For 2011, May 26, 2011
- 'YTL Community", A star-studded affair at Starhill Gallery’s A Journey Through Time III, December 14, 2009
- "A Journey Through Time", A Joyous finale at Starhill Gallery's A Journey Through Time IV, December 13, 2010
- Starhill Gallery, Seven Winners Crowned At Starhill Gallery's 'A Journey Through Time V, December 10, 2011
- Starhill Gallery, A Fitting Finale to a Marvellous Journey, December 2, 2012
- World Tempus, Bedat & Co Eleanor Cardozo, May 9, 2012
- "The Philippine Star, Model Mandy Santos designs for moms and kids, September 26, 2012
- The Philippine Star, Mandy Santos is Bedat & Co’s woman of caliber, November 28, 2012
- Starhill, Starhill Issue 6, July 16, 2013