Beddington Heights, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Sean Chu|
|• Total||8.4 km2 (3.2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,120 m (3,670 ft)|
|• Average Income||$56,881|
|Website||Beddington Heights Community Association|
Beddington Heights is an established suburban neighbourhood in northwest Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The community is bounded by Berkshire Boulevard to the north, Beddington Trail to the east, Beddington Boulevard to the south and 14th Street W to the west.
Beddington Heights is located in Ward 4.
In the City of Calgary's 2012 municipal census, Beddington Heights had a population of  With a land area of 3.2 km2 (1.2 sq mi), it had a population density of 3,620/km2 (9,380/sq mi) in 2012.11,585 living in 4,348 dwellings, a 1.1% increase from its 2011 population of 11,457.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $56,881 in 2000, and there were 14.4% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 27.5% of the residents were immigrants, and few of the buildings (1.9%) were condominiums or apartments, and 21.4% were used for renting.
The community was originally named after the village of Beddington in Surrey, England, and began as a Canadian Pacific Railway station. The establishment of the neighbourhood of Beddington Heights occurred in 1979.
In 2007, there were two schools in the district:
- Beddington Heights Elementary School - Public
- St. Bede Elementary School - Separate
Beddington Heights contains a concentrated commercial area along Centre Street, hosting Calgary Co-op, Safeway, and various other small shops.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Beddington Heights Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-08.[permanent dead link]
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 11 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-08.[permanent dead link]
- Place-names of Alberta. Ottawa: Geographic Board of Canada. 1928. p. 17.
- Calgary Area. Beddington Heights Community Info
||MacEwen Glen||Sandstone Valley||Country Hills|
|Nose Hill Park||Calgary International Airport|
|Nose Hill Park||Huntington Hills||Huntington Hills|
|This Calgary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|