Bedford Public Schools (Michigan)
|Bedford Public Schools|
|Students and staff|
|Athletic conference||Southeastern Conference|
|District mascot||Kicking Mules|
|Colors||Scarlet & Grey|
|District area||39 mi² (101 km²)|
Bedford Public Schools is a public school district in Temperance, Michigan. It is the smallest school district in Monroe County in terms of area. The district includes all of Bedford Township and a very small portion of Whiteford Township. Bedford school district comprises a total land area of around 39 square miles, which is located between I-75 and US 23 and bordered to the south by Toledo, OH. The district has a population over 30,000, and has a current enrollment of about 5,400 students.
- Douglas Road Elementary School
- Jackman Road Elementary School
- Monroe Road Elementary School
Smith Road Elementary School has been closed due to budget cuts from the district for the 2011-2012 school year. Temperance Road Elementary School has been closed due to budget cuts from the district for the 2013-2014 school year.
- Bedford Junior High School
- Bedford Senior High School
Current School Information
|School||Current Enrollment||School Mascot|
|Douglas Road Elementary||550||Dolphin|
|Jackman Road Elementary||500||Jaguar|
|Monroe Road Elementary||635||Mustang|
|Bedford Junior High School||840||Bronco|
|Bedford Senior High School||1,901||Kicking Mule|
Extracurriculars and Sports
Bedford Senior High School currently hosts the following athletic teams. Football, Basketball, Swim, Volleyball, Lacrosse, Hockey, Soccer, Cross Country, Indoor/Outdoor Track and Field, Tennis, Baseball, Softball, Competitive Cheer, Sideline Cheer. All are sponsored by the schools Athletic Department except for Lacrosse and Hockey.
Bands and Orchestras
There are currently three bands in Bedford Senior High School; Varsity Band, Symphonic Band, and Jazz Band. Varsity Band recently received its first Division I rating at District 12 MSBOA in about 30 years. The Symphonic Band received an overall II at festival. Other Bands include Marching Band, which received an overall I at District 12 Marching Festival, and Pep Band.
- Bedford Public Schools (2008). "Bedford Public Schools". Retrieved February 22, 2010.
- Monroe County Intermediate School District (2009). "Monroe County Educational Directory (2009–2010)" (PDF). Retrieved February 23, 2010.
- Michigan Department of Information Technology (March 2008). "Monroe ISD public school boundaries" (PDF). Retrieved February 23, 2010.
- "Bedford Public Schools". Retrieved 24 March 2011.
- "Bedford Public School District Overview". Retrieved 24 March 2011.
|This Michigan school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|