"My Hometown & Your Hometown Too."
|• Total||1.12 sq mi (2.89 km2)|
|• Land||1.11 sq mi (2.87 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2)|
|Elevation||318 ft (97 m)|
|• Density||424.57/sq mi (163.94/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1372465|
Bedias (// BEE-dysse) is a city in Grimes County, Texas, United States at the intersection of State Highway 90 and Farm Roads 1696 and 2620, 30 miles (48 km) northeast of Navasota in northeastern Grimes County. It was incorporated as a city in 2003 and had a population of 361 at the 2020 census.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
|Black or African American (NH)||55||15.24%|
|Native American or Alaska Native (NH)||2||0.55%|
|Some Other Race (NH)||2||0.55%|
|Hispanic or Latino||62||17.17%|
As of the 2020 United States census, there were 361 people, 167 households, and 89 families residing in the city.
Bedias and the surrounding area are served by the Madisonville Consolidated Independent School District.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Bedias has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- "2019 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved August 7, 2020.
- "2007 New Incorporations". Geography Division, United States Census Bureau. 2006-05-19. Archived from the original (TXT) on 2008-10-05. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Bedias city, Texas". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved March 24, 2017.[dead link]
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "Explore Census Data". data.census.gov. Retrieved 2022-05-24.
- http://www.census.gov[not specific enough to verify]
- "About the Hispanic Population and its Origin". www.census.gov. Retrieved 18 May 2022.
- Climate Summary for Bedias, Texas
- Bedias, Texas from the Handbook of Texas Online
- City of Bedias official website
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Bedias, Texas